Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strain possibilities?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by stevadorebob, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Been a while since I smoked any weed, way before there were all these strains available. Is it possible to have pain killing and anti-inflammatory effects combined with get up and go in the morning?

Regards,

Bob

2. I don't know the answer, but I'll be watching this thread in case someone else does. I love my 420, and it helps with my chronic agitation (for which I take Rx meds as well). But I have too much responsibility at work to arrive in a mental fog everyday.

3. You'd probably want a hybrid of sativa/indica. There's a website called 'budgenius' and they test cannabis for dispensaries. You can look through their strain list, it might help. I have chronic pain too, so when i smoke in the morning I mix some of the high CBD bud with a larger portion of THC or upper bud.

4. [quote name='"Budbro93"'] You'd probably want a hybrid of sativa/indica. There's a website called 'budgenius' and they test cannabis for dispensaries. You can look through their strain list, it might help. I have chronic pain too, so when i smoke in the morning I mix some of the high CBD bud with a larger portion of THC or upper bud.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip on the website, Budbro93. Even with all the pot I've smoked over the last several years, I'm completely uninformed about strains. In NYC, you get what the black market has on the menu for the day at $250/oz. I'm sure I can get knowledgeable from following this forum.

5. #5 DoctorGrow, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2012
    That website is good. We had a lab called Full Spectrum Labs in Denver, but they have gone a bit underground. Their website contained lots of info on tons of strains. Now it is just a one pager with no info. I hope they go back to their big info mode.

Have you seen The Book of Strains? It's available in paperback and on Kindle through Amazon.

6. Thanks Budbro93, what you suggest about mixing strains seems like the most straight forward option. Thanks also for the 'budgenius' tip. Reading through the forum and following some of the links is providing masses of information. Almost too much to handle at times.:confused:
    It's nice to find some folks with similar needs and more experience to chat with though.

I think I could generally handle the Indicas better than I could the Sativas.
    If I need some "Up" from the Sativa side of things, I'd have to go for the focus and enthusiasm inducing properties and steer clear of the psychedelic or space-man effect as I've had a tendency to veer toward paranoia and anxiety sometimes when getting high in the past.

In hybrid situations where you might get 80/20 or 20/80 combinations going under a catchy name. do the Sativa and Indica parts each have their own range of effects depending on which previous hybrid the Sativa and Indica components were taken from?

If so, is it simply a matter of looking up the historical effects of the various strains to see what the likely combined effect will be?

Maybe the obvious answer is to try them and see, but that's not so easy from where I'm located.

Kind regards,

Bob

7. Thanks for the comment, Dr. Grow, and for the link to e-books on Amazon on growing and strains. I love being able to download all the books I want and carry them all on a device that weighs less than a single hardback.

A funny: Since the author of these books is Justin Griswell, Amazon decided I must want to see products with "Justin" in the title. So they showed me a CD by Justin Bieber and a food product, Justin's Nut Butter. Until I realized the two ads were unconnected, I was surprised that the teeny-bopper was being marketed in such an overtly sexual fashion. I wonder how long it would have taken me to figure out my mistake if I had been high!

A not funny: I'm moving to Seattle in a couple of weeks and figured I could get a 420 recommendation due to my severe agitation. When it hits, despite my meds, I can't stand still, can't stop fidgeting, and not uncommonly end up doubled over in pain. I tried to schedule an appointment with an mmj clinic in Seattle. A woman from the clinic called and said, essentially, that since my underlying condition, agitated depression, is a "mental health problem," the Washington mmj laws don't apply, and I can't get an mmj authorization.

I am not pleased.