Strain genetics?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by AZGREENery, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Do any of my vet growers know what strains these could possibly be?
    The big plant in the ground is a seed from a GSC bag.
    The small plant in the smart pot is a seed from Yoda OG bag.
    I've done my own research on the lineage but want opinions also.
    Thank you!
    1 love

Attached Files:

2. I don't think anyone is able to tell the strain of a random plant. But sounds like you have an idea already?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. "Know what strains these could possibly be?"

Huh... if I had to guess, as an Expert Strain Identifier, your plant grown from a seed from a GSC bag is a GSC variety.
    Your plant grown from a seed from a bag of Yoda OG is most likely a Yoda OG plant.

It's taken me close to 30 years of identifying cannabis strains to become this good.

J

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Do you happen to mean the phenotype?? There is no way someone can tell you what strain it is by looking at the plant.

5. Lmao, I thought the same shit bro but one of my friends said just because you popped it off gsc doesn't make the plant gsc, you have to look at the lineage and that's what it's gonna be. One of those.. so where I was coming from is, everybody has a strain they like the most, and if a vet has grown plenty then maybe they'll come across the post and be able to say what it is

• Like Like x 1
  6. If the gsc pollinated itself, it would be gsc. But you can't be sure some other strain didn't pollinate it. So there's no way to be positive. Even if someone had grown that exact strain they wouldn't be able to tell what it is just from seeing a pic of the plant

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  7. very hard to say strain from looking smell can help possibly from looking you can see if its indica sativa or hybrid

tho was the bud heavily seeded or just a few if just a few its likely that it pollenated its self meaning it will be a gsc if it was pollenated by another plant it will be a gsc cross unkown

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  8. That was really helpful.. I believe those seeds came out of popcorn nugs of cookies, I probably bought about 10-14grams from my boy over a course of a week or 2 and got like 8 seeds off that, BUT, he never found any seeds nor did any of his other ppl? Only me, I got all 8 seeds from a qp?.. so what would you say

• Like Like x 1
  9. It's definitely indica dominant because of the leaves, I attached pics. It's about 32 inches tall right now so it's a hybrid of say like 70 indica 30 sativa is what I'm coming across, the leaves patterns and shapes have changed to a more rounded bottom where the stem is, those 2 baby petals don't stick down they go with the flow of the other leaves, idk it looks dope.. I've looked at pictures of GSC, OG and Durban poision on Google to try and compare leaf patterns and colors and shapes but it's hard because they can kinda resemble one another until it starts budding, then I think is when you can really tell

10. That you're the lucky one - good luck with your plants.

J

11. Lol I can dig it

12. seems like it popped a single nanna and pollenated a few calyxs so likely to be fem and less likely to hermie but keep an eye out keep stress low as poss

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. D
    Dope! He'll yea, it's a good was plant bro and to think it came from a bag, it's medical quality still but Its Just crazy.. I know man I don't want it to Bernie from the high heat put here and I don't really fuck with it except pruning here and there very rarely