Strain choice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by guitargasm, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Should this be in seedbanks?
    Well its for outdoor so I think it best here.

I am looking for a strain with a yeild that will last me throughout the rest of the year, while maintaining potency.

I am looking at Sagarmatha's Matansuka Tundra. GHS Super Lemon Haze and WW. Maybe some Mr. Nice, really any strain there.

Any suggestions though?

-guitargasm-

I agree with lessismore on the idea that we should breed our own strains, as we speak im lookin to shake up the current american genetic code with some dutch.

2. How would you shake up the american genetic code? Most dutch strains were dervied form strain first created and grown in the United States. Matansuka Tundra is a version of an Alaskan strain, Super Lemon Haze, both the Skunk and the Haze are American strains, so White Widow would be the only true Dutch strain here for it was derived from true land race strains.

As for lasting you the year, in one harvest? Cloning? Seed grows? There are many ways to accomplish this, and many strains which would fit your specific tastes and expectations.

3. good points. all of them but there are many local strains that i have encountered and a cross breading with another outside strain could yeild more potency along with the traits that are favorable of the local type. I was only asking are there any that one would recommend for yeild, yet still retaining some potency. I am looking to increase the size of a strain and it cannot be done through any other means than by introducing new genetics. In short it will be done outside, from seed, and obviously it will be an f1 so it will be breed for more generations after the initial introduction. I am thinking Mr. Nice Critical Mass. Thanks for asking questions that really lead me to answer my own question.

-guitargasm-

4. Shaking up the genetic code was a slight exaggeration, perhaps local code. I agree with you on all of the remarks about the strains, I am leaning toward the mantansuka because of its ability to grow at such a high latitude N, and, this is me speculating, the resistance to cold. I am also looking for an indica rather than a sativa.

thanks once again

-guitargasm-