Straight Tube vs. Beaker Bottom

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by FreeExperience, Dec 3, 2010.

1. I've finally settled on a glass company and I have 2 choices for their best bongs, Straight Tube or a Beaker Bottom. I don't have any experience with either.

So what's your favorite style and why?

:) Thanks

2. I prefer straight tubes. They pull easier and I like them better aesthetically.

Off topic: The term "beaker bottom" bothers me--they're technically "Erlenmeyer flask bottom"

3. I prefer beaker bottom myself...just feel sturdier and I like the milking better...preference really

4. And technically it's not "grass" it's "marijuana".
    :rolleyes:

5. Beaker:
    [​IMG]

Erlenmeyer flask:
    [​IMG]

They aren't interchangeable terms.

6. Some people will say that Beaker will get you larger voulume hits while a straight will allow you to clear easier. Personally, I prefer the style and looks of the beaker. Furthermore, I feel beakers are less likely to tip over. Go beaker dude and dont look back. happy tokin!

bearJEW

7. In my opinion beaker bottoms look so much better aesthetically- it just flows so nicely.
    I really dont find straight tubes to be that attractive.

8. so many names have come to be based on misconceptions, however, it is the term beaker bottom which has come to stick, so tahts what we shall call it. :cool:

bearJEW

9. get a straight tube! they clear so fast it's almost surprising!

10. So "technically" a Beaker is straight, and a Erlenmeyer flask is a beaker?

11. Yeah.

I prefer beakers over straight tubes. You can recline with beakers and have a super relaxed session. In fact, I think tonight's occasion calls for a beaker.

12. Personally, I prefer the the flask look, but I like clearing straight tubes more. Overall its personal preference, neither is better than the other.

13. Technically, it's Cannabis.

14. Beaker's winning so far. 17 to 10.

15. get the straight tube, beakers have too much unnecessary drag and are more likely to be broken at the base when setting it down stoned

16. Just as straights are more likely to tip over break when you're reaching for it stoned.

bearJEW

17. touche' Jewbear

18. I suppose straight tubes most closely resemble graduated cylinders. It doesn't really matter though.

19. Beakers are blown out at the base making it more prone to break. Also you can break the base of a straight tube and it can still be functional, just won't look as nice as it was brand new. I'd go with a stright tube myself.

20. As long as it has a solid enough base then I'd go with the straight tube, simply because I like the way they clear better. Its probably all in my head, but I'm a straight tube fan:smoke: