Straight to soil method?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by "TheGuy", Nov 26, 2013.

1. Hi! I'm new to the forum although I've "used" this forum for awhile as I would Google questions and it would lead me here.

Anyway.

I've just got a simple setup with a CFL lamp focused on a Red Solo cup with a seed in seeding mix. Yesterday i mixed some water into the seeding mix and planted the seed without germinating it first. Should I water the soil again today to aid in seed germination? How often should i water a non germinated seed? Also, I have my light off right now, how soon should i turn it on?

2. Germination just takes patience. I would wait until the soil is slighty dry to water any more, also you are going to need more than just 1 cfl. I started with just 1 and saw a huge jump after i added 3 more. Its all about the lumens baby.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. You don't need any light until you see it start to break out of the soil. Do you have the cup on a heat mat? Also, put something over it , like another solo cup or sandwich Baggie and spray water into it to create humidity. It will take 4 days or so, maybe longer before it breaks ground. Be patient and if you create a humid environment you will not need to water for several days and probably not till after it breaks ground. Good luck!