Straight Edge Girlfriend and Weed

Discussion in 'General' started by guitargod45, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Alright, well get this. I just told my girlfriend of 3 years that i smoke and grow weed and she absolutely freaked out. I mean im thinking she is gonna dump my ass. But i have a problem, im kinda torn between my two loves here. ive got my big beautiful girl on one side and then on the other side is my girlfriend. lol jus kiddin. but seriously, i need some advice on how to get though to her that mj is not very bad for you and shouldn't be illegal in the first place. Any suggestions? lemme hear em. thanks in advance

2. Three years of going out and she didn't know you smoked weed? Wow, if I were her I'd be more pissed about you keeping that a secret for three years than I would about the weed.

3. No, thats not how it goes, ive only smoked once(i was going to wait for my first harvest but i got tired of waiting) and ive had the plants since april. so i have only been into weed a tiny amount of time that us two have been together

4. The only time I've quit weed with no second thoughts is when I had a girlfriend... the day I'm single, the day the weed comes back, hah

So take you pick, but to quote Thurgood, "I love weed, but I love pussy more!"

5. god damn straigth egde kids. when will they learn?

6. i am in the same position. i havent been able to convince her of anything, she just yells at me all the time for it. its getting to be annoying.

7. Get your balls out and tell the woman how it is. I too once had this dilemma (as have like 8035893475 other GC'ers) and had to deal with it. I told mine that marijuana is just a part of my life. I smoke it to get high and deal with some of the shit in this world. It relaxes me, and doesn't take away from my college or work.

You need to stop thinking that you have to bend yourself to what she wants you to be. If she really loves and cares about you it really shouldnt be much of an issue and you can both compromise. Make her choose between you with Mary Jane, or no boyfriend at all. She doesn't want to lose you as much as you don't want to lose her.

Ofcourse if she dumps you, there are a million other vaginas waiting.

-Rob

8. Word mayne.

FUCK THE STRAIGHT EDGE MOVEMENT MY *****AAAAAAZZZZZ

9. walk up to her from behind and put your dick on her shoulder and let dirty sanchez do the talking. :cool:

10. convincing anti weed people that weed isnt bad is about as useful as convincing a stoner that weed is bad.

11. Eh if she cant understand and deal with it then dump her and go smoke a bowl in my opinon.

She should love you for who you are not who she wants you to be.

12. It took you three years to tell her; of course she freaked out. You have effectively lied to her for 3 years, about something she feels strongly about. I really don't blame her for being pissed off at all. If you love this girl, why would you lie to save your own ass? Because you know she'd have asked you to quit? It is extremely likely that that is what she will ask of you now. If weed means more to you than staying with this girl, well.....you couldn't have ever really loved her in the first place. But only you can decide that.

To be honest, you can't change peoples' minds if they are made up; relationships are about give and take. That, comined with the lying, tells me that this one is probably dead in the water; would you be able to trust her if she suddenly confessed she'd lied to you for 3 years about something?

Good luck, whatever happens.

13. Damn you Grenouille for saying everything that needs to be said right before I post. :p :D

14. [quote name='Le Grenouille']It took you three years to tell her; of course she freaked out. You have effectively lied to her for 3 years, about something she feels strongly about. I really don't blame her for being pissed off at all. If you love this girl, why would you lie to save your own ass?quote]

Ok well i have already said this once but ill say it again, i just told her that i smoked and grew last night, but i have only started smoking about a month ago and ive still only done it once, and now is when i told her, i have not been keeping this a secret for the entire 3 years only for about a month, and i kept it a secret that long because i didnt know how to tell her

15. I'd be most concerned at the fact that somone else knows you're growing.... and they're against it.

16. love > weed

17. True that. If you really love her, then quitting will be easy. Especially since you've only smoked once. You haven't even developed your stonerdom yet.
    Go with the girl, and if you can ever convince her then smoke with her. This is your woman, do what you have to do.

18. I told my GF while we were smokin together..

"Man, if there ever were a typical Mary Jane, beautiful, voluptuous, bright blue eyes, blond dreads, wrapped in bud, you know..."

"You look like Mary Jane..."

I got laid that night :D

19. Crazy, blasphemy!

20. find a girl that tokes man, you;ll be glad you did.

people say pussy > weed, and for the most part their right. but stoned pussy > pussy :D