Storz & Bickel Mighty - Question

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by CheebaWeeba, May 9, 2020.

1. So how I usually clean my components is just soak them into a jar of isopropyl alcohol for a couple hours
    (I have multiple sets), then when I rinse under some hot water, anything that wasn't removed rinses away.
    Before that, I was literally boiling them in salt water...stinky process though...
    So yeah for anyone wondering - the iso method has been working great for me.

I do the same with the little capsules that come with it, because they end up with built up dried/cooked on type stuff - though this somewhat annoyingly "loosens" them, at which point I have to pinch the "lids" in a little to make them grip the lower part of the capsule again...no huge issue, just one that I have not overcome as yet.

Here's my problem/question:
    I'd like to clean the "top" of the unit, the kind of bowl/net part that you drop your capsules into.
    There's some stuff built up around the area...and it's starting to have a slight ongoing taste because of this.
    We haven't had it too long, and we're not super heave users or anything...given the expense of the unit, I'm just trying to work out any way I can detach, maintain/clean or replace this part of the unit.
    It's the best portable vapouriser I've ever used - I really don't want to have to just bin this one and buy a new one.

Any thoughts/ideas?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. I clean mine with Iso and I use cotton swabs and toothpicks to get to hard to reach places. Works fine.

3. So take the net out, iso it.
    Iso on cotton tips etc for the inside?

I wish there was a way to just remove the inner chamber. They ought to do that with their next model.

4. Love the mighty, is a beast of a unit. To take apart and clean the top unit is fairly simple once you get the hang of it, the instructions on how to do so, including on the intention of submersion cleaning in iso can be found in the manual starting on page 23.

upload_2020-7-24_21-5-59.png
    upload_2020-7-24_21-7-50.png
    upload_2020-7-24_21-8-13.png

5. Now that is a great reply.

6. I've just been buying replacement Mighty cooling units for the past six months because isopropyl has been in such short supply here thanks to Covid. I know, I'm nuts. But cleaning the cooling unit isn't nearly as daunting as it may look; just a bit of elbow grease and patience. I have some real cleaning to do when isopropyl makes its long-awaited return to the pharmacy shelves.

7. After the stores emptied out I needed some and I just got some from a chemical company, had 4 gallons at my door a week later of 99%.

Was actually cheaper than buying it the normal way from the store in small bottles as far as per oz was concerned. I'll have ISO for a while from that lol.
    I did use some to make spray-able hand sanitizer for my entire extended family but still have 3 1/2 gallons left.

8. Damn. There was no such luck anywhere in Europe as far as bulk was concerned; even little travel sized bottles of hand sanitizer were sold out for weeks in some online shops.

9. Yeah all the normal consumer stuff was sold out here too, I just took advantage of the fact that most people aren't going to know to or even want to buy direct from a chemical company and have the hazmat shipping and all that crap.