Storm Chasing and Photography

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by MPower420, Sep 2, 2008.

1. hey guys, i know that a few of you know i'm a storm chaser and freelance photographer from the great state of NC. not much happens out here, which is why I plan on moving west in just a few short months. :) but here are a few of my favorite shots from the 2008 storm season.

what do you think? be honest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

happy tokin ;)

2. pics are cool, but they are pretty plain, you need to find something interesting around you that fits in to the context of storms instead of just taking landscape shots. well thats what i would like anyways, everyones preferences are different. what kind of camera are you using by the way. keep up the work, photography is awesome. I like your first pic the best

3. haha thanks man. and yeah, they are pretty plain but we very rarely get any decent weather and when we do i seem to be stuck at work haha but all these were shot with a nikon d80 and a sigma 28-70mm lens

4. the 3rd ones sick

nice one

5. haha thanks bro, i appreciate it ;)

6. Ya man I'm a casual photographer in NC as well and with all the storms we've gotten int he last six months it's been great, but living in a place like this you try so hard to get one shot, but if you lived int he Midwest, those sots you worked so hard to get are a dime a dozen. Still nice shots nonetheless, I can't tell where in NC you are

7. great flicks man, the last one looks like a hydrogen bomb was detonated in the ocean nearby ;):p take it easy!

8. thanks for the replies guys. and thats why i cant wait to get out west haha another few months and ill be in ardmore, ok. :)

most of these were taken in central and eastern johnston county

9. I like the 3rd and 5th ones the best. The last 2 are pretty chillin, too. Good luck with your move out west. Hopefully you'll get a lil more action in the alley :)

10. no probs

i meant number 5 was my fave sorry aha

peace

11. Honestly? This is like the only other career I've ever considered with any thought, just metereology and stormchasing in general are both really interesting to me. Specifically tornados are fascinating...I dream about them a lot and I love seeing them in action no matter how destructive they are. Just last night I had a wicked dream about a hurricane, it was intense. So it's pretty badass. Hope you get some awesome photos and stay out of harm's way at the same time. ;)