Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Storing Weed - Vacuum Seal & Freezing ???

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by whylogic, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Should of been a "not very if at all" in front of the likely. Saying it's likely leads one to believe you're saying chances are it is

2. [​IMG]

3. Man that movie made me laugh. Thanks for reminding me of it. Will have to watch it again...thank you

4. Hello, what kind of food sealers can you recommend? At my work we have a vacuum chamber (Minerva I think) but I really can't afford a vacuum-chamber at home, so I have to settle with a sealer. Hope you can help me, so that I can start sous vide'ing at home!

Thanks,
    Kyle

5. Hi. I just replaced one I wasn't really pleased with. I had the V3425 I'd bought from Costco. Made me curse every time I used it. Returned it and got a basic unit. I cook sous vide, and the one I got (FM2000) works soooo much better. I'd recommend it over of the 'automatic start' ones like the V3425. I picked mine up from Food Savers site, remanufactured. Looks like new. Here's a link; FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing Systems - Keep Food Fresh for 5x Longer (If you'll be sealing jars and containers, make sure the unit you get has the hole for the hose, and includes the hose, or you'll have to buy it separately).

I think I saw somebody mention the Mason jar cap sealer attachment. I have dozens of jars I use for storing all kinds of stuff (inc MMJ). I don't vacuum my MMJ, cause I use the 62% humidipaks, and I don't think they're ok in a vacuum (and I don't want to waste a quart of weed to find out). And I can usually figure about 28 grams of MMJ and a Humidipak per quart jar. This works well for me. Dry 'til nearly crisp (5-7 days for me). Toss em in a jar, throw in a humidipak, and let it go. I check daily, then weekly, then monthly, then poof, it's gone.

Also, off topic. You can decarb your weed and make butter with a Sous Vide circulator. Google it.

I just started Sous Videing this year, and love it. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The foodsaver part is good. I love my foodsaver. Never used it for weed though. Remember they are not fail safe and sometimes there can be tiny gaps in the heat sealed edges. For that reason I wouldn't risk freezing it. Too much of a freezer burn risk.

7. I usually freeze my stuff in double ziplocks, in a Mason Jar, it's stayed potent, for years in some cases.

8. Wish OP came back with results. I too am going to be needing long term storage.

9. 1/2 gallon Ball Mason Jars and a 60 gram 62% humidity Boveda pack per jar.
    Store in a cool dark place. This lets the weed continue to cure and it'll only get smoother and better with time. Good for 2 years before the THC will start to naturally decay.
    [​IMG]
    Walmart or Ace hardware should have the jars by the case (6 jars) for about $12.00
    Local hydro shops sell the damn jars for 5 or more each.
    [​IMG]
    If you have a tractor supply near they have them for $9.90 a case
    Ball Wide Mouth Half-Gallon Jar, Pack of 6 at Tractor Supply Co.
    upload_2018-11-24_7-39-57.jpeg
    A brick (20 packs) runs about $80.00 but the packs last for years kept in the jars.
    upload_2018-11-24_7-41-32.jpeg
    60 gram size shown. Works best in a quart or Half gallon jars.
    BNW

• Winner Winner x 1