Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Storing weed long term for the apocalypse

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by bigw1ll, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Hello. I'm trying to store weed for years and preserve the potency like its brand new. Nobody knows when shit will hit the fan like a massive power outage, WW3, tsunami. It doesn't matter what will happen all I'm trying to do is get super high when it happens and bunker in at my house and get the boys over.

I've been looking online at 2 options..
    1.Glass Mason jars
    Or
    2. Vacuum sealed bags filled with weed

Please tell me
    -Your personal experiences with each one
    -Any knowledge you may have about storing weed
    -The method you think would suit me best

(Posted this thread before in the wrong category, dont know how to delete or change category.)
    Thanks everyone, cheers

2. What's stopping people from growing weed when the zombies come?

• Like Like x 4
  3. is there a way to vacuum the air out of a mason jar. how about vacuum seal bag and in a mason jar with the air sucked out . or just make shtf garden and make a weed seed bank for the end. for bags try Mylar bags

• Like Like x 1
  4. Has anyone tried flushing the containers with an inert gas? Argon or something? Does anyone think removing most of the oxygen would help?
    Edit-I am not a fan of vacuumed bags but a simple DIY PVC long term storage tube would be awesome.

5. Smfh...

One starred!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cured frozen in vac pac bags..this is not for your headstash uber dank nugs...this is for your apocolypse brick....yes tricomes will fall off but put it on a spot with the least smount of distubance it will be fine....i pulled 4 y old nugs outta the freezer got me high as fuck!

• Like Like x 2
  7. For long term storage I think concentrates would fare better and give you more bang for your buck.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cause the zombies don't pay much attention when they're walking through gardens...inconsiderate basturds are always stepping on plants. Fk you'd think they would walk around....

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. No problem, leafly is a great site for strain info and just info regarding weed in general.

• Like Like x 1
  10. and zero for you...you and your racist fucking hate group

• Like Like x 2
  11. Says the white man with the pointy hat.

12. who says im white? because im against your hate group? way to be even more racist bro. why dont you just go burn down another town in protest of some thug getting killed

13. Thug? Smh, I blame your parents. They did an awful job raising you, that's why you think you're better then everyone else. Have a good day, I'll keep you in my prayers.

14. Stored an 8th in a cleaned out salsa jar in a dark cabinet while I was away at college. Came back 5 months later and noticed no lost potency at all.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I think OP is talking longer than a few months.... Most of the weed you smoke is probably older than 5 months

16. Thanks for posting that dude. I already looked at this link a few days ago and it gives good knowledge about ideal storing conditions but not long term

17. How long do you think the weed will last in the vac sealed mason jar?

18. 1 lb of weed vacuum packed put in the freezer..... Mhhhmmm.. I think that will do me best. Thanks for the reply

• Like Like x 1