Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

storing weed in the cold

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jsmith1991, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Im home for christmas break, and I've been hiding my weed in the attic in my mason jar. Naturally, it gets pretty cold in there during December, but is this bad for the weed? The coldest it gets is around 32 degrees. Thanks in advance.

2. Not at all. As long as everything is dry in your jars and you seal them well, it should actually be the best place to keep it.

3. The cold is actually a good thing, as long as it is in a air tight jar. Just don't let your ganja get exposed to the elements.

4. Awesome, that's what I was thinking, but I figured I would make sure. Thanks for the quick replies.

5. the crystals fall off really easy when frozen, just dont mess with it when its that cold, let it warm up before handling and youll be fine.

6. I vacuum seal my main stash in pint mason jars and keep them in my unheated garage. Dark, cool, no air contact - it keeps quite well. I buy a lot at a time, so I store it for up to a year. I keep a dozen or so jars down there, and when I crack the seal on the last one, I call my dealer to arrange for another purchase. Once the seal is broken, I just keep it in the pantry.

I host science themed kid's parties and one of the props I use is a vacuum bell jar. So I've got all I need to pull a hard vacuum on a mason jar.

7. Very organized man!
    :wave:

8. be careful how u handle the bud when u first bring it down from the attic cuz when its cold the crystals break/fall off the bud really easy cuz its in more of a cool crispy state at first til it warms up to room temp (when u bring it down from attic)