Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Storing weed in plastic? And second experience.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Plymouth, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Hey there.

So if you read before i first tried weed and i liked it. I have had it again and it was even better still 0.5g but it was epic , i started walking and it felt like my body was at all different parts of the room :S :D

So basically im gonna but a few grams about 4.

Is it best to store it in an airtight plastic container or one of these glass jars?

thanks

2. Glass mason jar is the best. They are very cheap, too.

Welcome aboard the wonderful world of weed, my friend!

3. Glass jar is best, the smell leaks through plastic baggies, especially if it's dank

4. Glass mason jar.
    Plastic can absorb the THC and you dont want that

5. What about a prescription bottle?

6. Doesn't really matter with a small amount that's going to get smoked in under a month. Although mason jars are super cheap and the smell doesn't "leak" out after a few days like with plastic.

7. Always store weed in something made out of glass, plastic can react with some chemicals in weed which can result in a bad taste or different high or less thc. But if you store 0,5g for some days it's no problem, for curing or storing it for over a month it's not recommended.

8. I may pick up a glass jar today, my prescription bottle has worked good. I pre-ground an 8th and stored it in there and just pick some out for a bowl when needed or tap some out of it to roll a j before a car ride. It hasn't seem to do anything to the bud

9. I just bought the vitavac container....they sell em on this site but I went to the actual tightvac site cuz it was cheaper...should b delivered today ill let u know if they're sick or not

10. Plastic can absorb thc? Really?

11. [quote name='"Josh Jones"']Plastic can absorb thc? Really?[/quote]

That is my question as well

12. glass jar -.- not sure if ur serious... Glass stores everything best

13. I use glass jars for long cure. But plastic airlock Rubbermaid containers works just fine too. And to the guy who said thc absorbs plastic. I want you to go tell every coffee-shop in Amsterdam that all there plastic tubs absorb thc, lol....shakes head

14. But they reek like fuck.

15. Absorb? No. React? Possibly, plastics are not entirely inert. The biggest issue with plastic though is the static cling. Nothing better than having all your thc and cbd rich resin glands sticking all over your bag/bottle. Glass can do this also, but I can easily brush the stuff off the glass, or just save the jar(s) for a QWISO run.

16. I use script bottles from the dispensary...never had any probs with the bottles, but then again, the longest I've had them in there for is maybe a few days. If it's a week or longer, then I'll try using a mason jar.