Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Storing weed in a pharamacist pill bottle?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by prorathack, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Is it good to store weed in a pharmacist medicine pills bottle (you know the orange ones?) in a dry dark cool place?
    Will my weed get moldy or something if I leave it there for like a week or 2?

2. Nah they are a good way to store it, it will keep for a long time. I personally use film canisters and keep the weed in bags.

3. bro, ive smoked weed thats YEARS and years and years and years old. [found my dads old stash from when he was prolly around 20 something, hes 50 now] and there was no mold on it. and yes it got me high

4. A small glass jar is always the best option for storing marijuana. Pill bottles work, but they are not airtight so as long as it is cool and dry, it should be fine.

5. Thanks for the answer...
    Actually imma search for a small glass jar right now :p
    thanks

6. Alot of headshops also carry little glass corked stash jars. Those are nice if you don't want just a boring old clear one.

7. I honestly dont trust plastic when it comes to things that i ingest [some weird OCD shit i have] so i just keep in in a small glass jar but yeah they stay good for a good amount of time in a pill container.

8. A pill bottle with a tight seal is probably the best container for bud available. The main reason is pill bottles are made resistant to sunlight because most medications become destroyed by it and need to be kept out of light. Sunlight also destroys THC, so, there you have it.

9. A pill bottle is good, but not as good as a jar. However, if transportation is a factor, a pill bottle won't break.

10. Haha, that's odd considering that they were made to store things to be ingested.

Indeed glass is better but pill bottles also seal well and since you're not vacuum packing them as long as air isn't moving in and out then you're good.