Storing Seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by crasha51pan, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Both long term and short term..Any suggestions ? Currently have them in a 35MM film container. Filled it half full with rice grains, put in the seeds then finished filling the container. Taped it shut and placed in the fridge, will use in about 2 1/2 months....What about long term, can they be frozen and still remain plantable ?

2. i keep mine on the fridge door in a film container. some have been there for more than a year. never had a problem!

3. Good storage plan.

4. What you have sounds great, I would go out on a limb and say they'll definitely last until you use them.

Seeds in general keep very well. I've even heard about grain seeds they found in pyramids and still got to germinate.

5. film canister is a good idea. i put them into "dime baggies" labeled to keep them separate. then i keep the baggies in a little air tight tin in the back of my drawer and never had any problems germinaing

6. BTW, what's "film"?... :rolleyes:

7. [​IMG]

8. What about freezing the seeds in the same container ? Can you freeze them and say a year down the road, pull them out and plant them ?

9. dont freeze them - just fridge them and keep them dry

i've popped beans that were over 5 years old and they were fine

10. Keep them in a cool, dark, dry place.