Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Storing Pot Brownies Without Freezing?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by aphosca, May 21, 2014.

1. I'm headed out on a road trip next week with a few friends. We'll be out of town for a month or more, and I wanted to bring along a decent sized batch of pot brownies I made a while back and froze. I figure we're less likely to get busted for edibles than the pure herb. Thing is I have no idea how long the potency/freshness will last in my van. It's still pretty chilly where we're headed if that makes any difference. If I have them in two individual airtight ziplock bags each, and keep the lot of them in an airtight container out of the light, how long will they keep their potency and not make anyone sick by eating one?

Cheers, peace :)

2. I think you'll be fine in a ziplock bag and out of direct sunlight. If it's really worrying you you can always go for a cooler-type lunch bag with a frozen gel pack.

3. How are we supposed to keep the gel pack frozen for over a month? I don't want to make fifty stops to buy ice dude. :p Are you sure about the ziplock bag? I've kept a single brownie at a time in a bag before, but it got dried out and stale after a week. Granted I was opening and closing the bag whenever I broke a piece off, but you know. Just making sure. Thanks for the response anyways...

4. Due to lack of information, we decided to leave them behind instead of taking them with. Although it sucks not to have them, it would suck even more if they went to waste. Oh well.  :cry:

I am still curious as to the answer of this question though, for future reference. Much appreciated...

5. Brownies will last as long as needed but they will probably dry out after a while in just a plastic bag but they would still taste fine and still get you high