Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Storing edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Perunn, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Hello everyone!
    My mates and I are going to a trip soon and they asked me to make some edibles.
    The problem is that I need to be home alone for a day to make cannabutter and then edibles (my parents know that i occasionally smoke, but making 2 dozens of cookies and making our house smell like weed... nah) so I'll have to do it a week or two before. Should i freeze them and take them out on the day of departure? I don't want edibles to lose potency or make them taste bad :)
    Does anyone has a better idea?

2. Naw...send them to me and I will store them for you..:)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sounds like a perfect plan, thanks :D

4. Another question: what do you prefer in edibles - sativa or indica dominated strains? Does it make a lot of difference?

5. Seriously...Do you have a vacuum Seal a Meal type unit to suck the air out of the container? I would try to mimic the conditions that edibles come in from the commercial suppliers...Out here, they come in air tight plastic bags, and are NOT refrigerated! Sucking the air out was just my own take...Good Luck with it!

6. I personally prefer Indica, but in an commercial Edible, , No way to tell.

7. I'd package them carefully so as not to crush them and put them in the freezer. I make cookies and store them this way. I've kept some for a year with no loss in potency or taste. A Seal-a-Meal, unless you package them well will crush the cookies, though that is certainly I good idea. I'd freeze them no matter how you do it, friend. Have fun and enjoy! I love making edibles and licking the bowl! I'd use a hybrid of mostly indica.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not if you use the Jar attachment...NO crush!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thank you both for your time! I'll manage it somehow