storing Build-A-Soil

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by grassrocks, Dec 27, 2014.

1. How should I store my leftover Build-A-Soil?  Can I keep it sealed up in the plastic bag?

2. How much do you have? Not sure if I would seal it up, but it should be fine in the bag.

3. Maybe 2-3 cubic feet.  I won't be using it for a while but I know it's good to let the stuff sit.  Wondering if it's OK to leave it in the plastic.

4. I would store it in the bag but leave it open to breathe. Keep it moist.

5. Like chef said, keep it moist and it will be good for a very long time.

6. How about the BAS topdress and oily mountain fish compost how should they be stored.

7. I have them with the bag opened some so it can breathe. I have been keeping them moist. I have a full bag of top dress. I didn't use it last flower so this batch of 4 plants will get it on top of the ewc and barley straw mulch.

8. For the exorbitant amount of money you spent on BAS soil...maybe you should call Jeremy and ask him.

9. I will. I'm not too worried. Just wanted to ask. I saw the thread.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Any advice on the living organic soil from build a soil. I have ran coco for 4 yrs but looking to get away from bottled nutrients. Teas, top dressing and foliar is what I'm looking to do these days

11. #11 Franklins Tower, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
    It is great soil. Once transplanted into the living soil from BAS you just add water to keep the soil moist so the microbes can work. Go to www.buildasoil.com and leave a message and Jeremy will answer any question.

12. Thanks for the reply I went to there site and left Jeremy a message. Is it like tga super soil where you have a base soil and a charge pack?

13. #13 Franklins Tower, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
    no problem No it is specially made living soil with all sorts of stuff in it. It's on the website iteself. The living soil will start to decompose and release all the nutrients your plant could ever want and all you need to do is keep the soil wet. Don't soak it so all the nutrients goes out of the soil and container. You just keep it wet. I'll give you his thread. Hold on.

14. Here is the living soil and the best compost for small applications.

Attached Files:

15. All of my plants are in BAS living organic soil. The first pic is of the soil the second is the awsome compost. I top with that until flower then top with BAS ' S topdress for flowering.

Attached Files:

16. Do they have a seed sprouter?  I don't see one on their website.

17. Yes they have an easy sprout. Search easy sprout

18. I bought two from them.

19. You just have to keep the soil moist. Water that's it. That's what I was told by Jeremy. You can add SST'S or alfalfa and kelp teas for a boost and Alot of nutrients.