Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Storing Buds

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Katanga, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Hei guys, whassup?
    I have a simple questions for the pro smokers here.
    I usually smoke once a week, just because I really want to enjoy my experiences and therefore I tend to do that only on weekends, when I can chill, eat, sleep as much as I like. On the other hand, I tend to buy a decent amount of weed and to store it up.
    I usually put the buds in a jar, then put the jar in a closet. That's it. Sometimes I open the jar just to smell the scent, sometimes I open it only when I have to take the buds out. I notice that after like ten days the buds are not fresh as they shoulde be. Am I doing something wrong?
    I don't need to store things up for years. I would say one month max. Is there a better way to store the buds?

Thanks a lot guys.
    Peace.

2. maybe a bag inside the jar, and make sure the jar is air tight.. that might be your problem

3. Cheers.

I'm thinking about changing jar. Right now, I'm using a jar which used to contain jam. That was what I had at home. I'll try something else. I'll try a bag inside the jar as well. The fact that I can smell the weed opening the closet might be not so great. I mean, air is obviously coming out of the jar and air is coming.

What about the right temperature? It's quite hot in Italy right now and it's getting hotter every day. A closet might be not the right place where to put the jar, don't you think so? Any advice about that?

4. Cool and dark is best. I keep mine in a mason jar. Stays fresh for over a year and there is no smell outside the jar.

5. Don't use a jam jar, use a mason jar and it should keep all the smell in. Even when I store up to an ounce in a mason jar, I still can't smell it. When I open it though... the smell is very intense and spreads everywhere.

Also, a cold, dark place is the best to store it. But considering you're only storing it for a month, just get a mason jar and you'll be fine. I kept bud for months in a jar and it was just as good after those few months

6. You want to store it in a dark, cool place. Get a legit mason jar, those bitches are tight. I've never noticed any bud degradation in them, if anything they get smoother to smoke.

7. Your habit of smelling your jar can be beneficial! A link has been found between the smell of cannabis and production of seratonin (mood regulating chemical) in the brain. It's like science and shit!

But yeah. Glass jar. Light, moisture, and heat are all anti-cannabis. Therefore your glass jar in a closet will keep err'thang in tip top shape.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for all the advice.
    I'll try with a new jar and let you know. ;)

9. I usually keep mine in a prescription pill bottle I got when I had my wisdom teeth removed. I don't pick up much each time so it's perfect for me because it's relatively air tight. But yeah, mason jars work the best because they've got that rubber lining that creates an airtight seal when compressed. :smoke:

10. Something else.

What about storing different types of weed in the same jar. Is that ok?

11. If anything it's super OK. Smoking two different strains at the same time can possibly potentiate the effects. Like give you the best of both worlds (strains).

12. Cool, never thought about it before!

13. Does it have to be completely airtight :S?

14. Yeah dude that's completely fine. If you wanna know which one is which, just bag them in the jar. :smoke:

Well it would be nice if it was, I mean you can't get anything COMPLETELY air tight but you can get pretty close. Weed would last helluva lot longer if you store it in an airtight container.

15. I don't know what kind of jar you have but mason jars are the best thing ever to store weed

16. make sure the jar that you use is air tight and it should stay fresh for a couple months at least.

18. Surgar not surgery*

19. All mason jars are airtight if the seal is intact..test the empty jar by putting it in a tub or sink full of water..I prefer the mason jars with the clip down lids rather than screw on jam jar type..but both work.