storing buds in freezer?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fadda, Oct 17, 2011.

1. i've heard somewhere that keeping buds in a freezer is a right thing to do.

but i would like to seek for your advice as i'm not quite sure about it.

anyone knows anything about freezing the buds?

2. Once properly dried and cured. Freezing bud is the best way for long term storage.

3. Make sure the bag is as airtight as you can when you freeze it. You can use a food saver to suck out the air or simply use a straw in a ziplock and suck it out yourself. That will prevent water vapor from crystalizing all over and ruining the product in the long term.

4. Many people believe that freezing your buds is the way to go for maximum freshness and potency. THIS IS NOT TRUE - IT IS A MYTH AND I'LL TELL YOU WHY. And, keeping it only in clear plastic bags is NOT ideal either (another popular belief).

After all your work in growing your prized buds, you want to keep it fresh and potent for as long as you have it. When you grew your marijuana you waited until the trichomes (resin glands) were just right before your harvest so that you would have the best potency you could from those plants.

When you freeze marijuana buds, you freeze those potent little trichomes as well (like icicles). This makes them stiff and brittle and actually makes them fall off and break off the buds. The more you handle the buds in and out of the freezer, the more you lose those active ingredients that make the pot get you high.

Yup, they freeze and actually break-off the buds and fall into whatever bag or container you have, making the weed less potent. All plastic bags have some static, even this static attracts the resin glands that you are trying to protect and keep intact. While I recommend using plastic sealable bags, I do not recommend freezing your weed or handling it more than is necessary if it is frozen.

Ideal Storage: Keep the quantity of marijuana you wish to store separate from your daily use stash. Put it in brown bags (or any dark paper), then place it in your ziploc bags and remove any air that you can. Refrigerate, or keep in a cool place where there is little activity preventing any constant movement or handling. This will keep your cannabis both fresh and potent for a very long time.

This should help you store your marijuana successfully and have it available and potent for as long as you can make it last...