Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

storing bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ItalianGymSocks, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Hey all first post here in the city! i have about 2 grams currently in a ziplock bag inside a pill bottle. is this a good way to keep it fresh and keep in the smell?

2. thats how I used to keep my bud. It won't preserve it for too long, if you need to really preserve, try mason jars.

3. take out the ziplock bag, the plastic wont help keep the bud fresh at all, Itll have the opposite affect actually. Just use pill bottles, mason jars, anything airtight.

4. ok good! i was actually wondering if i should take out the ziplock bag or not. i'll go do that.

5. why would a ziplock bag have the opposite effect?

6. mason jars for prolonged peroids. pill bottles and tupperware when you know you will be smoking soon and just dont want it to smell!

7. Just put it in a film container.

8. Is like a week a good enough time in the bottle?

9. I keep my weed in a Mason jar... easy to hide, no smell, and keeps your bud fresh.
    When I harvest, I get a box of Mason canning jars and use about three to store it.

One time I forgot about my last jar and thought I was out, I found it about three months later and it was still dank as hell.

The kinds I get are short and fat, like your mom... xD

[​IMG]

10. a week is a long time in the bottle..

a good wend should be enough for any man..
    any more and you will end up with toilet, stomach etc.. problems...;)

OR

You dont try and cure weed in a medicine bottle.. Jar...

11. i'll have to go invest in a mason jar

12. My mom had these cool glass storage containers she was getting rid of. They have a glass lid that hinges with metal and it has a rubber gasket to keep it airtight. Easily holds a few grams (6-7) of bud.:):smoking:

Attached Files:

13. im not trying to cure it, only storing it till i can smoke some next

14. so should i take out the ziplock baggie?

15. Pill Bottle -->> Pros: Airtight, hides smell, keeps the goods fresh, ect. Cons: You probably couldn't store a very large amount like a mason jar.

Mason Jar -->> Pros: Airtight, hides smell, keeps the goods fresh, just like the pill bottle, ect. Cons: If you get the inside of the jar wet, your bud will stick and will be difficult to get it out.

Overall, I would suggest the pill bottle. The orange color, the size, your whole hand can fit into it. With my mason jar, I can't fit my whole hand in it. I just keep it incase I buy an O. The pill bottle, you can fit in your pocket and hide easy. I'm not sure you could pull off hiding a mason jar in your clothing; or one like mine that is fairly big.