Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Storing bud outdoors in glass mason jars

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by upyoursblueboy, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Hey everybody, I'm fairly new to the city but would storing bud outdoors in a mason jar be good.
    If it is in shelter from the sun and even if showers hit it shouldn't go mouldy right?
    Just making sure as I don't want to fuck up all my hard work.
    Cheers
    P.S wont be for longer than 2 weeks.

2. It would probably work...but why wouldn't you just store it inside:confused:

3. Why would you want to keep it outdoors? Mason jars are airtight but what's the reason? There may be a better alternative...

4. as long as they are air tight you are golden. maybe put some ducting or electrical tape around the lids

5. Yep it will work. i stored an ounce on a glass mason jar for a month and a half in the forest and it was fine. just a bit dryer, but thats to be expected from bud thats been sitting for awhile.

6. Cheers for all the replys.
    The reason for storing it outside is because I ordered some seeds and in the very minimal chance they do get found I don't want anything illegal in the house.
    Some might call me paranoid from behind there bars, but I can proudly say I'm cautious.
    haha don't know if that makes sense but hey.

7. The chance the seeds get found? I'm confused.

8. At the border. I know of a few cases here in my country where people have ordered from seed banks and customs intercepted them and got a search warrant.

9. he had the seeds sent to his house through the mail

10. What country do you live in?

11. Good ol NZ where the sheep overpower us in every way.

12. So are you growing inside and want the bud to cure outside, or want the seeds to stay outside for 2 weeks?

13. Haha na man I don't think you're getting me. I already have half an Oz of bud I picked up a while ago and while I'm waiting for the seeds to come I want to move it out of the house incase anything happens. I'm not growing anything at the mo.

14. just a week or so ago i stored my stash in my mason jar outside and it rained all week, so i open it up 7 days later after it was wet and or rainy for every day and my bud was 100% dry, not a drop of moisture in there so i blazed it all :smoke:
    the only thing is you have to make sure you have a good seal and you will be golden

15. You also want to try bagging it, boxing it, or burying it. Exposure to light affects potency.

16. I guess if it's not an option to store inside, then sure, go for it. Make sure the jars are air tight and away from direct sunlight and high heat.

17. you could also boil the jars before you lid-em (or heat them well) just to be sure on the seal.