Storing black tar opium?

Discussion in 'General' started by WhitE_RabbiT, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Well, first of all...it has been quite some time since I've posted here. I've been real busy as of recent with my photography. At any rate, its pretty good to be back.

But on with my question.
    I just came across a fair amount of black tar opium, and well, theres no way I can, or even want to smoke it all anytime soon. I was wondering what the best way to store it for a long period of time would be. Right now, its quite moist and sticky, and I know its common practice, that when in such form, to store wrapped in tinfoil. But just how long will this last? I've also read (Erowid I believe) to store "the flakes in air tight plastic bags." Does this mean I should dry it out?

I'd really appreciate your feedback. Thanks guys I'm sure you'll be, as always, quite helpful.

2. Never stored it for a long time, but a small glass jar or medicine bottle should do fine, Id say as long as its airtight your cool.

3. I suppose if I was to freeze it, it would be best to leave it wrapped in foil, and then double bag it to prevent any moisture from accumulating?

4. yeah. anything air tight. Leave it in the foil, double ziplock it, and toss that in a tupperware, and you're good to go.

5. anything air tight, if you dont mind me asking how much did you get and whatd u pay?

6. QP, I'd rather not make mention of at what "cost"

7. thats awesome i want a qp of opium lol, i love opium, thatll last you, so long as its all for you ;)