Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Store weed grinded or in nugs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CarloMarx, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Would it matter if you did one or the other? I'm trying to decide what might hold the potency levels higher, or if it even matters at all.

2. I like the way buds look :D. Just personal preference though, I guess.

3. so all of a sudden grinding herb brings down its potency? el oh el

4. i agreed with you until you said el oh el

5. Just keep it in nugs, I can't really imagine a scenario where grinding in first would be advantageous unless you plan on smoking it later that day.

6. Never said that. I was actually wondering if it was just the opposite. I'm asking which storing method preserves the potency of bud more advantageously.

I'm not quite sure why you feel the need to attempt to bring someone down for a simple question, which you didn't have to answer in the first place.

7. There's not really any difference, I just think nugs look better. A bag of shake is just a bag of shake, you don't get that unique feeling of breaking up a nice fresh nug into a bowl.

8. Nugs would keep is fresher. Air would get to grinded but easier and faster since there is more surface area. Nugs would dry out a lot slower than shake.

9. I like the use of advantageous in the thread :smoke:

10. Aight, so lets say I have an 1/8th...what I like to do is grind some up...put it in a pill bottle...and use that till it's gone...easy to pack, burns nicely, and gets ya hella high.
    Then repeate the process. I usually keep my bud in the bag it was handed to me in.
    Bottle is my "bowl refiller" hehe.
    But it works for me..lasts couple days...and isn't to long.

11. Keep it whole until you need to break it up then it might still have some smell left to it

12. Probably doesnt matter but I would keep it in nugs , just feels better to me.

I like what Robindean does though

13. Most dank that I get has considerable trichome presence within the many calyxes of the bud, so I would think that by breaking up the nugs you would be exposing those once hidden trichomes to air, abrasion, etc. Nugs for sure.