store bought water question ......

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by johnnyblaze326, Feb 7, 2011.

1. well i went out and bought water from the store in 5 gallon containers insted of the well water which i think is causing problems for me ...bottled waters ph reads at 6.2 and ppm is at zero cause my tds meter doesnt read anything is this normal? Tds meter is a brand new blue lab meter... The water is by premo and this is what they put into it calcium chloride, magnesium sulfate, and sodium bicarbonate IS this water ok to use this is the website and additional info there. http://www.primowater.com/Water/Taste-Perfection.aspx I havent used it yet...Is this water ok to

2. Im no expert but I dont know about that sodium bicarbonate, I read not to add any water with sodium in it because it can cause lockout because of the build up of salts. I might look up exactly what that is before watering with it.

3. can anone else chime in on this and give me some info

4. the water is fine. any amount of minerals they add is minimal and will not hurt, but your ppm meter seems to be broken or not working right. if they add minerals to the water after purifying, then i would venture to guess that the PPM of the water is not 0. IMHO

5. #5 johnnyblaze326, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2011

my ppm meter is by bluelab and it is brand new only 3 days old ...its calibrated by the manufacture and this is the website if u wanna look. Bluelab Truncheon Meter - EC, CF and ppm measurements

it works just fine when i put nutes into it ....i didnt think it was working either untill i put nutes into the water and then presto it was reading just fine ...i will pick up some solution to test it out to make sure it is calibrated right.....the only thing i dont like about the meter is u cant tell if u are below 100 ...plus im confused as what does ec x 700 and ec x 500 means confused lol please enlighten me maybe the minerals that they put into it ..Its on a very small scale where it is below 100 on my ppm meter

6. Im sure your good to go....

but

"In thousands of blind taste tests conducted nationwide by an independent agency, 3 out of 4 consumers preferred the taste of Primo over the nation's top-selling spring waters and 4 out of 5 preferred Primo over tap water. That's what we mean when we say that Primo offers "Taste Perfection."

Lol at "taste perfection", nothing perfect about those statistics, those cunning bastards.

7. Very weird to me. Maybe someone with more experience using the unit can shed some light for us, but it does seem that the meter doesnt read any ec below .2 or 140ppm I have already posted the conversion chart for ppm to ec for all brands of meters in The Chart Thread. So it will not let me post again. The water is fine bro and the meter is fine. make sure the ph is good and water. You will want to figure out the formula for converting the ppm to EC, but the chart will help you for now.

8. ummm the meter itself has all the info on it....it has EC,CF, ppm (ECx500 and ECx 700) IM CONFUSED AS WHAT THE ecX500 AND ecX700 WHAT IS THE DIFFRENCE ...can u give me the link to the chart u are talking about to see it