Stopped smoking weed. I never saw it happening...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Wiseguys, Aug 18, 2016.

1. I never envisioned myself stopping. It was a habit that was hard to break. I craved it and I had no problem getting it so I always had an ounce on me pretty much. I smoked weed recreationally pretty much everyday for 12+ years. Almost half my life but not quite. I had taken very short breaks, once for a week and a half, and another time for 1 month. It was never anything long-term. It was part of my lifestyle.

I used to split the costs with a friend and he would pay for some of mine, but he started taking a break so it was just me. It was a little while since I talked to my connect and then he stopped answering the phone. I could get in contact with him still or get another connect but I didn't feel like bothering. Weed is expensive and I kinda figured why bother.

Now I feel a bit more focused and have more time for whatever. I used to feel stuck on my couch next to my vaporizer on the desk just vaping and not wanting to leave that spot. Now it doesn't matter what spot I choose. I feel really good overall. More freedom in a way. I kinda felt like I would be depressed and need weed to make me laugh or something but I notice no difference in that.

When I would smoke I'd have a feeling of euphoria, but that could also get disturbed and make me real miserable when it did get interrupted by something. Now I don't have that problem. Also, I used to stay up real late when I was smoking, weed would keep me up kinda. I've been going to sleep and getting up much easier now. Another good thing is I was spending around $250 a month but now I'm able to save that money.

I've heard people be like "I stopped smoking and now I feel great!" For me I don't feel that different. But I will say it's a bit better.

Benefits to stopping
    1) Getting up in the morning is much easier.
    2) Saving money.
    3) A more focused, less goofy feeling.
    4) Less annoyed by any outside disturbances.
    5) Not feeling attached to my vaporizer. No time spent vaping or meeting dealers. Feeling like by my vaporizer alone was my comfort spot.
    6) Feel less guilt and depression as I feel I'm not neglecting anyone due to weed. It feels bad when it seems you're choosing time with your vaporizer over time with loved ones. This is more a feeling of guilt and not wanting life to pass by too fast.

There are really no negatives whatsoever.

The benefits outweigh the negatives for me right now. I'm not like anyone else so this is just my story. I think I'll eventually get back into it but I'm not planning to for about 3 years and I'll see where I am at that point. Hopefully it's legal by that point, either way I'll hope to be growing my own by then. I wish I saw this sooner but overall it's a good thing.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Good for you man. I'm glad that you found a way to be happier and lead a more positive life. :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 Dieselwreck19, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2016
    sounds like youre just one of those lame dudes who needed weed for everything to be fun. but dont make us all out to be like you. some of us can carry on a full life, get up at 6am without problems, work all day, live an active life and still enjoy a fat chemdog joint to calm down the evening. when yoi can say you were just lazy and not blame all your problems on bud, then we can have a talk. until then hush.

Being disrespectful and dismissive is not a good way to start as a member.
    I Highly suggest you read those forum guidelines in your Conversations Envelope - ICGreen

4. Sounds like you're the lame who can't even read. Right from my post "I'm not like anyone else so this is just my story."

• Like Like x 11
  5. Good for you op. Haters gunna hate bro laugh at it and move on.

People change man. I'm in my 50s. I've watched many devout stoners for life go sober. Many of which talked about the "lame-os" before becoming a dreaded "lame-o". Funny shit. I don't smoke nowhere near like I used to. Still daily or almost but more of a grower now. Just the frequency has lessened. Being high 24/7 often takes a back seat to more important issues as people make their way through life. Often what we cherish in our youth just doesn't hold that same value as we grow older. Simply put weed sometimes just gets old and is outgrown. Others hold it dear for life. Nobody is or was ever lame from their use or lack of use of cannabis. The only ones that are lame are the ones trying to disect the life of someone they've never met based on their cannabis use.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Honestly the only 'problem' I've had is munchies haha I eat too much but lately I've been gaining a lot of self control when I'm high so I feel great. Props to you on your choice. I usually smoke when I'm unwinding from my days off so I only waste around 20-40$ monthly on weed. although the in long run it'll be a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  7. How did you find this thread ha-ha

8. It was easy, I went on my timeline and boom, there it was

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hey wiseguy congrats on stopping. Are you still going to go on a weed smoking forum?

10. Congrats Op .. ive been 8 months clean myself after 22 yrs of being a heavy hitter, a constant blunt roller & being high all day everyday then I decided to stop .. im enjoying the same benefits as yours so i see what you mean ..i got tired of having that false sense of security whenever i got high, like everything is alright knowing it really isn't .., i figured when i get where i actually wanna be in life then i'll spark a blunt to celebrate my success, but until then i say pass it on to the next cuz i wont be hittin it anytime soon ..its funny bcuz the state im in is talking about legalizing it for recreational purposes next year so we'll have to see til after the elections ..

• Like Like x 3
  11. Winners never quit.

That's alls I'm saiyan.

• Like Like x 5
  12. I feel ya, bro. I just moved into a decidedly 420 unfriendly apartment and I haven't smoked in two weeks. I must say that I feel much more lucid since last I smoked. It's generally easier to hold a conversation and I'm not spacing out every five minutes. It's all relative, though. I may feel differently in another two weeks.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Perfect example .. see what smoking weed does? I got tired of being a dumbass having grammar & spelling issues .. lol ..

14. Pussy. Just kidding. To each his own.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Congrats, OP. I feel ya on the finance thing. Although I use weed for both medicinal and recreational reasons, I harbor a lot of guilt for spending money on it. I'm trying to grow my own this season, so I don't financially burden my husband. I don't think I will quit because it does help me keep calm (PTSD), but I dislike that its turned into my -go to- medication as soon as I stress out. You sound like a strong, determined person. Best of luck to you!

• Like Like x 1
  16. People shouldn't bash you for it. If it makes your quality of life better without it, go for it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  17. This guy is stopping smoking isn't anything to it. His choice and more power to him. I'am an older hippie but have become less likely to pick up a joint these. days. Growing or smoking pot doesn't make you cooler than anyone else,. your way is fine for you and he is doing fine with his. Read his list it tells you. Life is better now and no need to hush. Problems do arise with smoking pot for people and if it generates a better quality of life go for it. These days not smoking has allowed me to accomplish being a successful contractor, jazz pianist and Art assemblagist with a gallery I curate with my wife on a ranch we recently built ourselves. See now I liked pot but I am glad where it's taken me and glad where we are now . Peace to you brother, all's fine

• Like Like x 4
  18. Funny I was thinking of quitting smoking for at least a little while to get myself back on track...

I've been smoking for years now as well, starting in high school. It hasn't really affected my schoolwork performance or anything. I just want to see if the grass is greener.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Marijuana is not for everyone. Good for you that you found yourself better not smoking weed. But for me, Marijuana has been the best bless that mother nature has given to me. It makes me feel energetic, with positive attitude, increase my creativity, happy, etc. There is not natural medicine that provides me such a good feeling for not just physically but also spirituality.

• Like Like x 1
  20. There are other ways than drugs to attain these things in life. But yea it's not like I tried weed once and it wasn't for me. I've benefited from it in ways, doesn't mean you'll always need it though.

• Like Like x 1