Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stopped smoking having lots of nightmares.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ZnOT, May 17, 2018.

1. Hey guys so I smoked once or twice a week at most, sometimes I would be one whole month without smoking and so.

I don't know why but like 3 weeks ago I started to smoke a bit more regularly and in a few days I was smoking daily, just getting high once a day but every day.

That first week when I got to the weekend k didn't smoke, and one of those 2 nights I had a nightmare (I don't have nightmares since I was like 8 and I'm 18 now).

Anyways continued smoking daily sometimes getting high twice the same day and after 2 weeks and having not much week from the 2g I bought I said: maybe I should stop this isn't good, even if it's weed I don't feel like consuming a substance daily.

Stopped and had a nightmare again, this time it was way more vivid and it made me feel more fear than the first time to the point that I noticed anxiety while dreaming.

Today is the 2nd day without smoking, I went to take a nap (something typical in Spain thought I don't do it much), and has another nightmare.

Usually when I have a nap it's much easier for me to have vivid dreams that sometimes seem like I'm kinda tripping and sometimes they're lucid dreams.

So with this... I had a terrible nightmare where I woke up and I thought fuck I'm gonna smoke at least today or a bit so I don't get another one, super nervous and scared.

The first dream was trippy and in the dream I thought I had taken lsd (I've never tried any drugs besides weed, tobacco and a beer or two, never got drunk or anything similar, just high).

In that first dream I wasn't anxious or really afraid though.

In this second dream it seemed as I tried some MDMA but it was like super powerful thought I was like I don't know overdosing or shit thought my heart was gonna start racing at some point and I was gonna die if I didn't calm down, here I had some fear and anxiety not much though compared to today's dream.

Today is as if I hadnt smoked in a while and hit a vaporizer twice and got super super high (it didn't even seemed like I was on weed I was extremely slow and dumb) and my mind was thinking I was like ultra fucked and that was all, I was gonna be trapped into that state of consciousness.

Now don't wanna demonize weed (weed is fucking awesome), I'm just telling you my weird (very weird) experience.

I don't have any other withdrawal effects though, I mean yeah I'm somewhat more irritable and I wanna smoke (is a mental thing) and I'm a bit more nervous but if I didn't knew it was for smoking it could be just due to lack of sleep or whatever so no big deal.

It's just those fucking dreams, so WTF.

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

2. When I am smoking on a nightly basis, other than the occasional extremely vivid dream, I don't remember any dreams that I have. When I stop, the dreams come back with a vengeance and I will have really vivid dreams and nightmares until my body gets used to sleeping without using cannabis

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. But if you smoke daily without doing it before sleeping, and then you stop, you don't get nightmares or vivid dreams?

4. Something about smoking weed especially on a daily bases will make you stop from having dreams, or atleast not remembering your dreams when you wake up. When you stop smoking it will be a very common thing to start having very vivid dreams or nightmares. Sometimes people will have very vivi dreams of smoking weed and to more extreme cases they can feel the effects of being high or hallucinating in their smoking dream.

So everything you are experiencing is pretty normal and you shouldn’t worry about it being something negative to your health.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. It stopped after a couple days, seems that it enhances dreams if you use it for some time and then stop.

Almost seem like you're tripping while dreaming.

6. Listen to the Joe Rogan podcast on this... it explains REM sleep and how certain aspects of marijuana can prevent REM sleep, so when you stop smoking, your body loads up on REM when it can and tries to make up for lost time. You will notice that if you continue to stay dry, the dreams will level back out again.

I smoke 3-4 times a day usually but I try not to smoke too late at night, in order to prevent a sabotage of my REM sleep. Apparently as long as your not actively stoned while sleeping, your good, but if you smoke right before bed, it can distrupt the sleep. I love dreams.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. If anything, weed just completely stops my dreams. When I stop, I tend to have one or two but after that, they pretty much go away again. I never really did dream, tbh. From what I've read, sounds pretty standard man.

8. Like a previous poster says, weed completely suppresses your REM sleep, which is when you dream. Even if you smoke during the day and not at night. I never noticed that I wasn’t dreaming after smoking heavily for a year. I’ve had to quit to get clean for a drug test I have coming up next week (yay me) and let me tell you my dreams have been WILD. Definitely not as good as the high, but it’s nice. As for the nightmares, not sure what to tell you. Maybe hang a dream catcher above your bed

9. I would recommend giving it a month for the bud to completely leave your system and your tolerance returns to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. I actually dream when I smoke even if I smoke just before I go to sleep, and I still get wild dreams 2 days or so if I stop smoking (just if I've been smoking like twice a day for a week or so)

11. I don't dream (or remember my dreams) when I am smoking regularly, but have been abstaining for over a month to ensure I "could" pass a test (switching jobs- same contract, just a different site) and I am having dreams nightly. I don't have many nightmares, but I do have some weird dreams.. I'll be happy not dreaming..