Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stopped by police with a blunt in hand

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by hecticfreeze420, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Thought I'd share with you guys a story that happened to me a couple weeks ago, and that thanks to everything I've learnt whilst in the community, turned out ok for me.

So me and a couple friends have just finished college classes for the day and are thinking about places to smoke up. I'm carrying around just over half an oz in my bag, and it's all bagged up separately as some of my mates wanted to link from a really good hook up I had. Naturally I'm feeling super cautious, as around here if you get caught with it like that, they will charge you. So we decide to go to a little public garden we've been to tons of times before without problem. We get there and start rolling up a huge blunt when suddenly this absolute fiend clocks what we're up to and strolls on over. Eventually we decide to give him a tiny spliff just to shut him up and get him to leave as he's being really suspicious by this point. Unfortunately it's too late and just as this guy goes to walk off two officers walk into the garden. Apparently they'd been watching us from round the corner the whole time the guy was there.

So I'm sitting there with a fully rolled blunt in my hand, half an oz in my bag, and I'm absolutely shitting myself. I come up with some bullshit story about rolling my own cigar but things generally weren't looking good. They ask to have a look in my bag.

Suddenly it clicks. I'd never been stopped by police before so was a little shaken but managed to stay calm and polite with them. Every time they asked to look in my bag I said the same thing "I'm not resisting, but I don't consent to a search". They tried to trick me a couple times by saying I was being suspicious by not consenting, and that if they had grounds for suspicion they didn't need my consent but I remembered all the shit I've been told and knew they had nothing. In fact every time they asked me I got more and more confident because I knew that if they were going to search me anyway they already would have. After a couple minutes of talking to them politely and letting the guy smell the blunt (it was fresh out the pack so absolutely reeked of nothing but strawberry), they told me they weren't going to search me and went off.

So remember, even if you've got that shit straight up in your hand, and you think you're done, those magic words can still save you like they did for me. At one point it looked they were gonna nick me because I started panicking and saying I knew my rights. TBH I think it just pissed them off and they were gonna go out of their way to get me but I calmed down and started saying sorry if I offended them :p In the end I walked off with my dank and smoked that blunt 5 minutes later :D

2. lmao niceeee

3. Nice. Displayed your rights, and they left emptied handed. Good on ya op!

4. Sit down popo.

5. Nice job! 99.9% of the time people don't do that. There is a former cop (don't say ex-cop they get pissed) and he said that whenever someone had the balls/brains to refuse consent he was cool with it and went on his way.

6. Wouldn't most cops just say that they smell weed?

7. This is what I'm thinking.

8. Yeah some of the cops around here are dicks and would probably still search based on smell but I'll definitely try that next time and kudos to you for saving a innocent blunt.

9. One time I was smoking a blunt on my porch.
    A cop saw me came up to me I showed him my card and he walked away. The end.

10. In the UK that wouldn't be enough, they'd need something to corroborate with that like a roach end on the ground for it to be grounds for a search

No MMJ here :(

11. [quote name='"Lizzysweet"']One time I was smoking a blunt on my porch.
    A cop saw me came up to me I showed him my card and he walked away. The end.[/quote]

Cool story bro

Attached Files:

12. Couldn't do that with NYPD here in New York! They smell the weed they doing an all out search!

13. Even if you have absolutely nothing you think could be illegal in your bag don't consent to a search. Who knows if those idiots in Washington made certain felt pens against the law because people were sniffing them.

14. you would have been caught anyway, so good thing that you gave it a shot and had the balls to discuss.

there are a few clips on youtube from a DVD called flex your right, it's interesting to see if you needed a crash course about your rights in the US

I passed borders with stuff on me, did all kinds of shit in public places, had a couple of close calls with the cops ... and by god I didn't have many troubles ....

I'm so paranoid so I'm on alert 24\7 ... I let my guard down because of a friend and got caught but a guy we know and he smoked with us -_- lol

15. Thats kinda twisted. Why wouldnt't the cops look in one end of the blunt to see green, not brown tobacco. Or they could've split the blunt open. The story has some missing gaps my man

16. Not just that, but if they damage or break any of your property and you consented to a search, they have no obligation to pay for it

I'd packed the blunt down and twisted it off so couldn't see anything there, and opening it up would have counted as a search, which if they were gonna do they would've just searched my bag

17. moral of the story: you don't live in america, yay u

18. "I'm truly sorry officer, I understand youre just trying to do your job, but its a personal belief of mine not to consent to searches without a warrant."

That exact line has saved my ass probably 15 times.