Stop the Online Sales Tax!

Discussion in 'General' started by Kramer, Jul 31, 2012.

1. [quote name='"FreedomWorks"']Last week, the media reported that Congress – both Democrats and Republicans alike – are pushing for higher taxes. Specifically, they want to erase yet another bastion of freedom on the internet by collecting sales taxes for online purchases. The politicians in both parties don’t seem to understand that we are taxed enough already. We need lower taxes, less government, and more freedom.
    Consumers are increasingly turning to online purchases for many reasons; including the predatory taxes they pay offline. Congress seems determined to levy yet another tax on overburdened families trying to make ends meet in this tough economy. Congress should be lowering taxes, not spending their time dreaming up more ways to tax the people.
    Sign the petition to tell Congress to keep their hands off our online purchases![/quote]

Stop the Online Sales Tax | FreedomWorks

2. Sales taxes are bullshit anyway. Why the fuck should I be charged to spend my own money?

3. I agree. Sales taxes are double-dipping if you ask me. You get taxed on your income, then you get taxed for spending your income. Bullshit imo.

4. And you get taxed for your property. And you get taxed for your investments. Pretty soon you'll get taxed for not having health care.

I wouldn't have such a problem with taxes if the government didn't keep adding to the deficit.

5. Already online sales tax here in CA. Just for the big online retailers though. Still bullshit.

6. Why just online? Why not get rid of all sales tax?

7. Agreed..they have no sales tax in some states, so why can't they make it nation wide?

8. [quote name='"marawana"']

I agree. Sales taxes are double-dipping if you ask me. You get taxed on your income, then you get taxed for spending your income. Bullshit imo.[/quote]

Never thought about it like that and these mofos will never stop