Stop the drug dogs

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by oltex, Mar 17, 2012.

1. And you disagree with their right to do what they wish with their bodies?:confused: Hard, soft, medium....all our drug laws are silly.

2. So what? In my humble opinion, all drugs should be legal to possess and use. It's the only way we can begin to treat addiction like the medical issue that it is rather than sending addicts to jail where they do not belong.

Personally, I'm all for this idea. I don't think Walmart is a good place to try this stunt, though. They've got cameras all over their parking lots. But local businesses, smaller grocery stores, those places are prime targets.

3. True. Besides, they'd probably charge you with conspiracy and distribution.

4. [quote name='"pearl75"']
    So what? In my humble opinion, all drugs should be legal to possess and use. It's the only way we can begin to treat addiction like the medical issue that it is rather than sending addicts to jail where they do not belong.

Personally, I'm all for this idea. I don't think Walmart is a good place to try this stunt, though. They've got cameras all over their parking lots. But local businesses, smaller grocery stores, those places are prime targets.[/quote]

You have never seen a meth head. Jail is the best place for em.

So instead of being peaceful stoner this thread is making people aggressive and angry stoners. That way no one will want to help u.
    One of the best PR's we have is that we never throw stones, NEVER.
    Be like ghandi be the better man.

5. I believe that all drugs besides maryjane should be illegal. Not a criminal offence, but illegal non-the less. Instead of sending people to jail they should send them to rehab with no record.

6. Meth is not illegal (it is not a schedule 1 drug). It is available by prescription under the trade name Desoxyn. :) Not that I am discussing its use or suggesting you get any,simply pointing out that, unlike cannabis, methamphetamine is not illegal in the US. Its just not legal to use it without a prescription. It is a drug with valid medical applications.

The DEA is apparently causing shortages, though

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/01/h...ing-attention-drugs-in-short-supply.html?_r=1

7. Well actually if our wonderful big pharma corps would get a handle on the precursor chemicals meth would hardly be the issue that it is. We finally got a handle on meth production in the states only to find that now mexico is buying tons upon tons of the precursors direct from china:rolleyes:

Also part of the problem is that everyone thinks weed makes people into lazy, lethargic stoners with no drive and no will to protest. Look at the prohibition of alcohol and the civil rights movement. Those movements were far from peaceful and they got things done a whole lot quicker. We've been playing fair and nicely asking the government to listen to facts, logic, reason and even its own past reports on this issue and what do they do? Nothing! NObama goes stabbing us in the back and breaking all of his prior promises on this issue for no apparent reason.

8. So basically you'd want a system like Portugal has.
    Personally I believe the following 'other' stuff should be legal.
    -Shrooms
    -Coca leaf(prosecute those who refine it into cocaine)
    -salvia
    -Peyote
    -Poppies-I'm pretty sure these are legal or unenforced already so long as you don't grow them for illegal purposes(prosecute people if they go collecting the opium to turn into heroin)
    Basically I inherently dislike any outright bans on PLANTS. It just seems fascist and anti-freedom to me. Who is the government to say that I can't grow a God/Nature given plant?

9. This is one of the more intelligent posts I've came across on the city.. personally, I'm strictly weed, I hate "drugs", but you are 100% right imho that these folks need to get treatment, not thrown in jail where they pick up other habits and learn to commit other crimes.

I wish more people thought like you

10. I believe all drugs should be legal and regulated because 70% of ALL health issues with illicit drugs are because criminals are not regulated in the manufacturing and distribution.

The picture of the pretty girl evolving into the wicked witch of the west on meth,,,never happened when meth was produced by reputable manufacturers instead of criminals.

11. Don't tell me what I have or haven't seen. For your information, I was married to a drug user/dealer, and the substance you mentioned happened to be his drug of choice. (It's why he wasn't a successful drug dealer.) I'm sorry, but you are wrong. 100% wrong. The reason addicts don't get the help they need and deserve is because they are thrown in jail instead.

And as far as not throwing any stones, and remaining peaceful, we've tried that. We've been trying that route for since the 70's, and it's gotten us nowhere. It's time for something new. Since no one is being physically harmed I support this form of activism all the way.

12. Successful amphetamine user (by prescription, under medical supervision-my Mother in Law took the same med for years :D)

[​IMG]

13. You should only spray cars close to the precinct (it isn't very hard to be discrete) or close places like city hall. That would be much more effective than just spraying random cars.

14. How about something you could add to carwash soap/wax?

15. Ayn Rand was your mother in law? jk

16. But who's to guarantee that these cars you spray will be pulled over, and the cops will call the k9's in?

17. That is why you spray all police cars first,,the dog will be going crazy everywhere and will get too many false alerts when they are used.;)

18. So I don't think u guys know how scent dogs work
    What u want to do will b pointless

19. We have DEATHS from no-knock warrants being executed at the wrong address. How extreme will the "mistakes" need to be before people take note? Death is pretty extreme. Yet, no one is paying attention, are they? Fail.

Jury nullification? Let them use the dogs and see if a jury of our peers wish to convict. I see this as a more attainable practice than endangering innocent people.

20. #40 Bunny Wailer, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012
    I have a feeling people are going to flame me for saying this, but I think drug dogs are good. Sure it might be shitty for the everyday stoner, but there are more violent criminals who could be caught by calling in the K9 unit to sniff for drugs.

EDIT: What that ^ means: The way things are now, if a cop suspects drugs in the car, they call in the K9 unit if they don't have probable cause. By calling in the dogs the can search the car (if the dog sniffs drugs). By searching the car they 1, arrest/cite for the drug offense (would've happened anyways) 2, they possibly find illegal weapons/links to violent crime/etc.

I'm not suggesting anything different, just that I don't have a problem with the way the dogs are used now (assuming it's all within reason)