Stop smoking weed for guy?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by StonerChick21, Aug 2, 2012.

1. So as a junior in college a lot of the friensd I have are just now graduating college. A lot of the people I used to hang out and smoke with are smoking less because they need to grow up.
    I'm aware I may need to cut back as my work load piles on but I get my shit done. Am I wrong in thinking this?
    Also as I get older and start to look for potential boyfriends in a professional, older setting.. will I have to cut back smoking or not do it as frequently but instead socialize in a different way...?

:smoke:
    - SC

2. Fuck no!

If you like smoking, keep doing it. It's like alcohol. Does anyone stop drinking alcohol because they've grew too old for it? Of course not. You might have to cut back if you'll be more busy, but I say keep toking.

3. The only reason I would stop smoking is if it were effecting my life negatively. The only time I would give a guy an ultimatum and tell him to stop or cut back is if his smoking effected his life negatively. Otherwise, I don't have a problem with guys smoking & guys shouldn't have a problem with me smoking.

4. Yeap and I guess a guy who doesn't wanna get high is not my type of guy.

Just want that dude to listen to led zeppelin and smoke with you know

5. I know exactly what you mean :smoke:

6. Yeah yo and the one dude I would chill with for a bit graduate and has a 9-5 job and can't/doesn't chill they way he used to sucks.
    So I want to still hang out with him but our interests changed, mine are still the same. Work, chill, get high.

7. wtf... your name is like mine

8. i'm actually looking for a girl accepting of my smoking. im not going to sneak around and do it i rather be honest about it otherwise i feel like a crackhead.

9. #9 Capsule Sun, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    I'd like to eventually stop all drug use, except for drinking occasionally. I've already quit experimenting for the most part, I don't do anything harder than weed and alcohol, but I'm trying to cut down even more on that. I seem to be a lot more productive when I do, I'm definitely not a productive stoner and the field I want to go into after school gets no benefits from smoking on the job. So if I don't get drug tested regularly at that point, it'll be a once in a while thing when I can afford to kick back.

Growing up is fun, but you gotta make sacrifices if you want to achieve your goals. My sacrifices will involve letting go of my teenage past times.

Edit: Lol just realized I rambled on without answering your question. Do what you want. Even in the most elite circles of the business world, you're going to find people who share your same interests. Just do what you feel is best for you, and the rest comes naturally.

10. Bro, she saw your thread man, put your moves on haha.

11. The only one to listen to is yourself. If you want a professional boyfriend, but can't get one because you smoke, then perhaps it is time to give up smoking or at least cut back to the point that it's not an unattractive quality.

Do whatever works for you. If you need to cut back because of a work load, do it. If you need to cut back because young professional men don't want to date a pot head girl, then do it. It's all up to you.

Don't listen to people on this site who are like "fuck everyone else, dude smoke weed til the day I die, dude!" Cause in reality, weed is not seen the same as alcohol. In reality, weed is an illegal drug that could cost you a job where as alcohol may not. Whatever you do, don't make your life any less enjoyable because of weed. At the end of the day, weed is just a drug (it is a drug to all you dumbasses who are like "it's just a plant". Opium is harvested from a plant, too). Don't let it negatively affect your life in any way whatsoever, cause when it starts to do that it's no longer worth it. Some people are addicted to weed... badly. A lot of people on this site are. But they fail to ever believe so just because it's pot and for some reason people think pot is magic.

12. quoted for truth:p

13. well, here I am :D

14. tell him to eat a dick LOL

15. No if you want to.

I'm stopping with weed cause it makes me lazy and self esteem from over thinking and anxiety etc.

meet someone nice. Not swag -.-

16. [quote name='"Capsule Sun"']I'd like to eventually stop all drug use, except for drinking occasionally. I've already quit experimenting for the most part, I don't do anything harder than weed and alcohol, but I'm trying to cut down even more on that. I seem to be a lot more productive when I do, I'm definitely not a productive stoner and the field I want to go into after school gets no benefits from smoking on the job. So if I don't get drug tested regularly at that point, it'll be a once in a while thing when I can afford to kick back.

Growing up is fun, but you gotta make sacrifices if you want to achieve your goals. My sacrifices will involve letting go of my teenage past times.

Edit: Lol just realized I rambled on without answering your question. Do what you want. Even in the most elite circles of the business world, you're going to find people who share your same interests. Just do what you feel is best for you, and the rest comes naturally.[/quote]

Eventually I need to stop doing something :/

17. "Grow up"? lol you cant be 40 and smoke? ._O

18. Never change who you are. Want a good boyfriend who's accepting of weed? Move to Canada and date a cop

19. hahaha whaddup!

20. Thanks for all the advice! I got some good feedback and I guess I have a follow up question... are their young professional men who want a girl that smokes a lot? Just curious at this point