Stop lying to yourselves.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by ete23, Nov 22, 2011.

1. #21 ete23, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
    The entirety of Life and existence is the Singularity experiencing its own self-discovery through itself manifested as we/us/life, through itself as the Cosmos and the Cosmic Memory.. the whole of this cycle of endless cycles of Cosmoses culminates at the intersection of Consciousness, awareness, intelligence, energy, and potential, or.. as we more fondly like to label it, the continuous moment of ‘Now’, Creation.. the ripple of Consciousness expanding into the Void, leaving reality in its wake as it ‘feels’ its way into its next grandest version of itself..

There are no rules other than those evolved by the necessity of energy manifesting the experiences intended by Consciousness, or.. by the self-imposed limitations of our own individualized perceptions..

Without feedback, without mirrors, or companionship, or anything other than itself to reference, the singularity is isolated in a sea of potential, a sea of chaos, the Void.. the most basic principle of existence eventually emerges from the chaos, ‘self-organization’, order emerges from chaos, it has always been thus.. but, there was nothing to ‘organize’, no ‘other’, no anything ‘other’ than itself, and its ‘self-awareness’..and yet, the principle emerges in a stunning act of intelligent curiosity, the Singularity asks THE question that is its ‘New Beginning’… “WHAT AM I”?.. to know itself, it must study itself with unconditional sincerity, without prejudice or desire.

Basically Nature knows what its doing or it wouldn't exist in the first place.

2. That's possible, I can't say I've ever seen him, as for heaven and hell I don't think anyone has ever come back from either so I don't know what they are like either but whether it is a state of mind or an actual lake of fire I know I don't want to go there

3. It seems like you've done a lot of research, why would you do so much research

4. #24 ete23, Nov 22, 2011

5. Einstein predicted time travel to the future with his theories of special and general relativity. Basically, if you could travel near the speed of light for say 10 years, you come back to Earth and it has aged 1,000 years. Thus, you traveled 990 years into the future. When you move faster, you experience time differently than someone who is moving slower. It's the space/time relationship essentially. We don't have the technology capable of traveling this fast yet on the scale of a space ship, but it's 100% possible.

Time travel to the past is a bit more complicated, and many theories rely on the notion of infinite parallel universes, but many experts speculate that it's within the realm of possibility. We just have no conclusive evidence that we can do it yet.

6. #27 ete23, Nov 22, 2011
    Well I don't 'truly' believe anything other then I know for a fact that existence exists. That I exist and this universe exists. So this is the only real truth I know I will ever find. I pretty sure of it.. But, I do have beliefs, spiritual or not. I discard ideas created by others that I have never experience.

I could say I used to be a Christian, believe in God, but my family is the type that claim to be Christians, donate to Church but only go for Christmas and Easter/ don't read the bible the typical 'believer'. I've been to Christian high school, had bible class everyday, read through the gospel. But I never really 'followed' religion. I guess I just had the 'fear of God' Like do the right thing because God is watching you or something. But people change.

7. From my understanding, there is no evidence that this is possible on an atomic scale (or an entire object for that matter). The only object they have observed this to happen to is one single electron. One thing you have to understand is it is rather likely that the amount of energy required (theoretically an infinite amount of energy according to einstein's theory) for an entire atom/object to travel at lightspeed (or as close as possible) would likely disturb the atomic "orbit" and essentially the energy would collapse the atomic wave function rendering the objects structure obsolete, or discombobulated.

8. I'm sorry man but you've contradicted yourself too many times for me to ever "believe" you. First you say it's pointless to argue or debate God, but then you make claims concerning His existence as well as the validity of His prophets. You then warn us to beware of beliefs, so how can we even begin to put our faith or trust in your posts?

Whatever floats your boat man, but I'm cool with what I got:D

9. The theory is possible, moving fast is time travel, we have time travelers that walk amoung us (astronauts traveling at 15,000mph for months), if only by a few nanoseconds they are still in the future. It's possible. Is it possible for us to have the energy to move something as massive as a spaceship near the speed of light, well not anytime soon, but it's not impossible to predict a time when we can master such massive energies and find a way to allow a ship and its inhabitants to remain their structural integrity, given the current exponential rate of technological advancement.

10. Best thing I've read on gcforums. Thanks!

11. Ya I see where your coming from, I wouldn't expect anyone to believe in anything they haven't experienced which is the problem with a lot organized religions. A lot of people think that going to church every now and then and blindly following some leader is what will get them to heaven but they never really experience anything. If you decide that you do want to get right with God you gotta do some hardcore praying until you get what you need.

12. It's called time dilation and if we didn't recognize it we wouldn't have accurate gps because the atomic clocks on satellites are tuned to the accuracy of a few nanoseconds (and at the speeds they're traveling in low earth orbit, it's an observable effect)

13. If its not pointless then explain the point in arguing over God/Gods/Prophets from God. Where does it get us as humanity? What can a religion do that man cannot. What rituals really do any good. Of course beware of beliefs. They aren't the 'truth' they are what you believe to be truth. Why does there even have to be a ultimate truth.

People just don't like others questioning there beliefs. deal with it.

14. #35 DBV, Nov 22, 2011
    Sounds more like quantum entanglement.. I don't see what frequencies have to do with time travel though? They are just radioactive waves that interact with atoms.. atoms aren't actually travelling at lightspeed. Photons are the only thing we have observed to be capable (besides neutrinos they now believe may break the speed barrier, but I believe that's because they don't interact with atoms, therefore no friction) and that is because they are pure electromagnetic energy.

15. Disregard general/special relativity, aquire psuedoscience. :smoke:

16. those aren't good examples of faith... at all lol faith would be like some one believing in God with out ANY physical or personal evidence (divine dreams, trips to the other side, NDE, revelations on life, ect..) i haven't had any of those but i still believe that there is a God but if not o well lol but i do agree it is just religious conditioning that is passed down generation to generation but that doesn't mean there isn't God or a spiritual side to life... i think that plant hallucinogenics can open doors to that side of life that the churches so rudely closed.

17. #38 DBV, Nov 22, 2011
    This is actually common knowledge within science.. relativity states that in order for matter to travel at the speed of light, it requires a theoretically infinite amount of energy. Frequencies are finite, and are not atomic in and of themselves, but measure speed/distance (otherwise known as hertz).

I guess I still don't understand how atomic clocks prove time travel is 100% possible?

18. Quoted from Wiki.

I don't see why you keep bringing up atoms going at the speed of light, ffs it's common knoweldge that anything with matter will have an infinite amount of matter that requires an infitinite amount of energy as the speed of light is approached. All I am saying is you travel fast, you are a time traveler. You experience time differently. It has nothing to do with the capability of going the speed of light, for all intents and purposes it is impossible for anything with mass. But you can travel fast, its observable, and it is time travel.

19. How can you sit here and pretend like life hasn't evolved on other planets first you don't know that and second and scientist/ smart person will tell you that the chances their is life on other planets in other galaxies/universes is extremely likely. Second we are not so different from other animals on our planet... just stop and think about how your body works lets see we have a digestive system a heart a brain a nervous system a respiratory system etc. now let's see what other organisms have those same qualities oh wait just about all of them.... What exactly makes us so special our ability to think??? Are you so naive to think that dogs, monkeys, and whales dont think? Maybe its our technology after all we use tools and we have language but apes have been known for many years now to also use tools like we did back in the beginning of our existence, and it has also been shown that they have their own forms of communication and are able to understand our ways of communication to some extent. Religious folk love to use this reasoning to defend their beliefs but in reality we are not so different from other organisms at all...