Stop flowering ahhhhhhh help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Darthcilian, Aug 24, 2012.

1. I have a small plant (window sill) and the days are getting shorter I don't want her to flower. I cannot control the light is there another way I can keep her from flowering.:(

2. cannabis is a photo-period plant, meaning that is uses light to determine it's life cycle

so, no, you can't do anything. if you COULD control light, you could turn it on in the middle of the "night" to break it up into dark periods less than 12 hrs, that should keep it in veg.

3. well, cannabis sativa and indica anyways. ruderalis doesn't use light, it just flowers, so you're totally fucked if that's what you have.

4. It's not ruderalis/autoflower and my roommates would get suspicious if i had a light on at night for her. I have her small and love her I don't want her to flower.

5. then you need to buy her a stealth grow cabinet

6. Can I fuck with the roots or leaves Prehalps give her some solution to stop the flowers.

7. Btw she is bonsai

8. Can she survive windowsill during winter months from the outside if my house is warm.

9. Help me grass city

10. #10 rhapsodyrcks, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2012
    1st off you have a plant that is a photoperiod plant. Meaning as we have less light because of the time of the year the plant is forced to flower. When the light changes which it is doing now Cannabis world wide starts its slow journey into flowering. The only way to stop it is to keep a light on it. Cannabis is not a plant that goes into the winter and starts again in spring. Its a plant that has a finite life. Once it hits flowering unless you reveg it it will eventually die which is in about 2-3 months. In the late fall Cannabis flowers gets fertilized drops its seeds and in spring it all begins again.

If you cant control the light then its just how it is. You can go buy some CFLs and keep them on her and she will eventually return to a vegetive state and you can keep it in that indefinitely. If you cant then oh well just how it is.

As for your roommates getting suspicious will in a month when she has bud they will really be then :)

Theres no magic trick to do what you want. Just toss it, put a light on it or let it bloom then collect the bud.

As for putting it outside. Cannabis does not survive in the cold. It will eventually die when the weather gets to cold. Under 50 is generally lethal to the plant.

Yes you can fuck with the roots, but then the plant will die in the scenario to.

11. Did you have to post the same question in multiple threads? This thread is you also.

The only way to stop them from flowering is to make sure they have more than 14 hours of light. Right now the days are getting shorter in the north. If you do not have artificial light (HPS/MH/CFL) then the plant will flower unless you decide to put the plant under artificial light. Either way, like the guy above said. Your roommates will for sure smell it once the 4th or 5th week of flowering comes around when it stinks up your whole house. You will need to get a carbon filter unless you can put the plant outside.

12. Dude, you have a bonsai pot plant?

That is so cool, I want to do that.