Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stop arguing

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Reform, Sep 5, 2010.

1. #1 Reform, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2010
    You can smoke for a month and be 'seasoned'.

You can smoke for 43 years, 2 months, and 17 days and be 'seasoned'.

It just doesn't matter - and I know I can't be helping but i love ranting discreetly.
    Half of this forum is dispute on the seasoned title (also all the damn apprentice posts - I'll rant on that later) on some days, we all smoke mj and some of us need it.

If there's a problem with being high and cocky please bite me

No disrespect gc but yeah seasoned tokers should be for seasoned only like that mod said. Make a randomized test for entry to the forum with 'seasoned' questions; or something of that nature. Theres a solution to keeping apprentices from a seasoned forum as well - not open access of the forum then post moderation.

Love you all

Or something. Anyone else having racing thoughts when they wake n bake sativa dominant strains?

2. This would never work.

3. They should make it so if a person writes a noob topic in the seasoned forum, they get branded as a Noob and their avatar picture is temporarily changed to Steve Urkle or some other shameful Picture.

4. Great idea. Would the test come with the correct answers already filled in, or would the person taking the test have to Google the correct answers? :laughing:

5. Unfortunatly there would be no real solution to this problem.

I mean you could by post count, but then that leaves a whole ton of people whoring and trolling.

You could do it by Join date but then so many good seasoned contributers would be left out in the rain due to their join date.

Test people... If people can cheat their way through school Im almost positive a little Internet quiz will be a walk in the park.

If you really want to keep the youngin's out then the topics should be geared more towards the "Seasoned" audience and us "Seasoned" forumers should just turn a blind eye to the threads that we think do not belong in this section.

6. LMAO first thing i thought when u said test... google ftw! Seriously a test... I think the steve urkle idea is awesome!

But seriously who cares... its so obvious most of the time who is and who isnt. They either give their age out or say some stupid shit that only some ignorant noob would say

7. My first thought upon reading this thread is that users who want to use the forum could
    message a moderator and maybe do some kind of initiation thing where questions are
    asked and the user could give a reason why they should be given access to the forum or
    something like that. But the only downside I can think of would be the time it'd take for the
    mods to go through that.

8. It's the post content and quality that matters. I don't care if someone has only been smoking a year if they have something intelligent or insightful to share about the herb here.

The problem is all of the childish, immature, and off forum topic posts that wind up here.

9. #9 Blunt, Sep 5, 2010
    Again, Thread #23424565 on this subject and they all go absolutely no where.

Grasscity.com Forums - Search Results

My suggestion was a quick fix for now and was simply to implement a low post count requirement prior to gaining access to the Seasoned Tokers Section (250/500). I suggested that the User's be the one who decide the limit, or at least have some say in it, since they're the one's being effected by it. I thought that by doing so you could force people to spend more time in other sections. This would thereby cause them to familiarize themselves with other sections of the Forums, before they can even see the Seasoned Tokers.

10. I think part of the issue is the person's perception of what Seasoned Tokers is for. I remember one post where a noobie posted in Seasoned because he/she wanted a veteran smoker's input on their question.

Perhaps, instead of Apprentice and Seasoned we could have a silly, light-hearted section for all our ramblings and another section for more serious stuff like legalization and medical marijuana. I dunno... *shrugs*

11. #11 Blunt, Sep 5, 2010
    We have legalization and medical marijuana sections already. :confused_2:

12. thats not shameful thats sick

13. Family Matters kicks ass. If they did this I would go the seasoned tokers forum and make a thread about smoking stems.

14. You keep missing the point. It's the threads that people start that should be in Apprentice that are the problem, not the people themselves.. If someone posts intelligent or insightful threads it doesn't matter who they are or how long they've smoked.

Get over it.

15. ooohh shit!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkBiQOYgNVk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkBiQOYgNVk[/ame]

16. What he's saying is we have other sections here for your not so insightful Threads.

Too bad we still haven't found anywhere to put all that ignorance though..

17. :laughing:

Read the descriptions of the various forums here. Then read the rules. It's people like you who cause the moderators so many headaches.

All I've EVER said is people should be on topic. Questions and new tokers belong in Apprentice because that's the forum description.

:laughing: You kids crack me up. So cute :)

EDIT: Now show me where I've ever said who can and can't post. I go by the content not the person's resume.

18. "Honey i gotta go...it's on"

19. In regards to all replies; I thought of those similar things. People tend to ignore the 'something of that nature.' stoners are unbelievably creative, we could figure out something useful

20. Why the fuck dont you just not fucking read them?????????