Stoners

Discussion in 'General' started by HerbIsGood, Dec 18, 2011.

1. I dont mean to put everyone who does something as singular as playing video games on the spot. Like I said, even I myself play video games on occasion and I even watch TV very rarely and I'll watch movies with my friends and stuff whether I'm high or not.

Its cool to smoke weed and chill out, relax, sometimes I like to just get high and I'll sit on my couch and listen to music for hours, some people could very easily say thats not productive at all, which doesn't matter cause we don't have to be productive 100% of the time, but that being said, when I listen to music I do it in a more analytical way as my aspiration is to be a musician, so I listen to it that I may improve my own musical mind for the day that I start writing my own music.

I just think that the majority of people believe weed to be nothing more than something to smoke and get 'fucked up' and compare strains to see which one gets me 'more fucked up' and then go and show all your friends how fucked up you can get off of this one particular kind of weed and then we can all sit around and get high until the weed runs out. And then its a big journey to get more weed because the notion of hanging out without getting high isn't even present in their minds. So then its just a big group of friends who's ultimate goal is to get high.

I don't like the misconstrued perception that cannabis does nothing good for your 'smarts' or for productivity, people always associate stoners with lazy people. Of course there are scientists and stuff out there who even smoke it but since they have to do it in secret due to jobs and laws and all this, the entire picture of cannabis becomes one of the counter-culture, people who all listen to music with lots of 'wah wah' and reggae and that typical 'stoner' propaganda, like we all want to go against the government and we don't associate with other people who don't smoke cannabis.

It turns it into an image that overall separates the cannabis smoker from the majority of the rest of society and I feel like I should be able to associate with whoever I wish without that stereotype of being a pot head or law-breaker just because I choose to smoke cannabis. I mean, drinkers hang out with non drinkers, smokers hang out with non smokers, and there is no judgement. But as soon as you say you smoke pot or when people find out you completely get looked at differently, and its because of this lazy stoner stereotype that has developed. And no, not everybody who smokes weed is like this, but a lot of them are, and that is my point; I just wish I could meet the ones who ARENT like that.

2. I never once said I was better. I did say that I could probably do better in school than that particular group of college kids I met, but to be honest I could probably do better in school than most people, and I'm going to school in January so I can show that to people.

and I'm not saying you can't chill out and just relax when you smoke weed, trust me I have had plenty of those nights. When you bust your ass going up to your crop half the nights out of the summer time and you don't get to hang out with friends or your girlfriend because you were working and doing stuff in secret, yeah, when you get that harvest you just want to smoke a big fat blunt to yourself and do nothing for the whole month.

What I mean to say, is that I don't believe people realize the potential in this great plant, in the respect that it has the potential to better EVERYBODY if everybody chose to smoke it in a way as such, but too many people get blinded by the fact that it makes them high and then they go into their own little 'high life' and they forget that if they wanted, what they smoke could in fact do a lot for the quality of their intelligence and spirituality and overall make them more respectable people and more enjoyable to be around.

sometimes I like to just get high and reflect on my life and what I've done that day, or yesterday, and see what I can do to make myself a better person, my high mind gives my sober mind advice to be a better mind, not to make the mistake I made here when I said this particular thing to someone, or how to avoid this bad situation because I did this, or what have you.

3. #23 Dualified, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
    I understand where you're coming from OP and most of the time when I go to get bud people are chilling at my friends house and when I get stoned they just seemed to be repeating a lotta bullshit and I'd rather enjoy my high at home not listening to other peoples problems. I'm sorta opposite to you though; I smoke weed when I'm done doing what I need to do for the day and I'm back at home in front of the TV and just want to wind down. Sure I get inspiration and start thinking a lot but I like to relax and wind down just like everyone else does. I don't like chilling with people while I'm blazing very much also because like I said, you gotta deal with peoples bullshit. But don't let that generalize everyone like you think into that category and perhaps have a little more faith. Maybe you should just use your bud for yourself and only smoke with yourself since obviously you are getting the most out of it.

I don't agree with the part of saying "a grower worked his ass off for the weed your smoking and your just wasting it away playing video games" well guess what. If a person makes a decision to sell something once its bought whoever now owns it gets to do what they want with it. I very much appreciate the art of growing and know several but I feel when I pay for something I can do what I want with it..

4. i would never kick it with you

& yes, i do finish ounces in a night sometimes.

i get them between 50-100$

5. op is pissing me off. who cares what other people do. everyone does their own shit when they get high. i dont get high to get shit done, i can get shit done perfectly dine sober. i get high to RELAX after a hard day at work or a long day at classes. so yeah, i watch TV. i play cod. who gives a FUCK? get off your high horse. live and let live.

6. This is true, if you buy something it is yours to do with what you wish. If they wanted they could have flushed it all down the toilet and I can say nothing. But the main thing in my head that makes me angry about them 'wasting' it is that they could have gone and bought some commercial weed and done what they did and had just as good of a time. there was nothing special about my weed to them except that it looked better than everything they had bought before (so they said) and got them probably higher, but it had more potential than it was used for - The reason I say this also is because when I sell homegrown to people I have a group of specific people that I sell to, and this is for safety reasons, but the very main reason is that I love to sell my weed to these people because they use my weed to their advantage, they recognize the quality I'm giving them, and they appreciate it and they love me for providing them the smoke that they can't find anywhere else no matter how hard they look. So I love to sell my weed to them because I need the money, and they need the weed. the main reason I sold a quarter ounce that night was because I needed a ride somewhere - I fronted them the quarter and guess what, I didn't get paid for about a month after wards even though I was PROMISED a million times the money by the next Friday. I NEEDED that money to pay for food and rent in the motel I was staying in at the time. I never got it, because I kept receiving excuses from the people about how 'cops stole my money,' or 'i didnt get it this week,' or what the hell ever. So I ended up having to make one of those people give me his Nintendo Wii so that I could sell it to make the profit I was owed weeks ago. This just made me even more angry with those people.

7. thats cool, I didn't ask for your approval.

8. I'm pissing you off by saying that it makes me angry that I can't hold an intelligent conversation with any stoner that I meet and because I'm saying that smoking cannabis can be even more rich than what it is to some people?

There's no need to get angry with me, if you disagree that's cool, I was expecting everybody to disagree with me really...Like I said above, if you read, which you probably didn't,

I also like to relax when i get high.

We don't have to be productive 100% of the time.

Cannabis has more potential than what 90% of the people use it for.

If you want to use cannabis for relaxing and playing cod, thats cool, I'm not going to be sitting in your basement bashing you the whole time you play it, so go and enjoy it to yourself. But if you never truly use the plant to its potential it is your own fault, and that's not for me to decide.

9. there is absolutely nothing special about your "amazing homegrown" over here in California.

every body is a grower

sowwy :(

10. No. youre pissing me off because of the superior attitude you are speaking with - you are better than every other stoner because you dont play cod when youre high.

i use cannabis for many many reasons, and relaxing and playing cod is only 1. i also use cannabis because it helps me to write some damn good poetry. i use it so i can connect with my music 100,000 times better. i use it so i can dive into the depths of my mind. but how can i do that when i get high with my friends? i'm not going to just be antisocial and put on headphones and listen to music. i'm not going to just break out my notebook and start writing.

sounds like you need to stop getting high with people and just get high by yourself.

11. #31 HerbIsGood, Dec 19, 2011

I wasn't bragging, but the weed over here in North Carolina sucks, and all the californian imported bullshit is weak once its been moved miles.

I'm not trying to get into a who has a bigger dick contest about weed. I'm happy with my homegrown and the cleanness of the smoke, the flavors and smoothness are good enough to satisfy a pot snob like myself. We both have the same sun, we get our seeds from the same places, and I'd be willing to bet money that the local organic compost mix that I buy for my plants is better quality than 99% of all the soil in california. Elevation here is the same exact elevation as in Jamaica and we get 2 or 3 weeks of pure sun at a time in the summer. Growing conditions over here are just fine my friend, just cause california has those 'awesome clones' that you can't get anywhere else, there are landrace strains and crosses from Africa that would blow that 50 plant hybrid bullshit out of the water. Case closed, I'm not going to argue anymore.

All you californians are so pompous and stuck up about your weed, and nobody in the other states cares. Keep it to yourself man, we grow weed over here in the appalachias just as good as your cali stuff, and if it was legal we'd all do it too. So go smoke another ounce since you guys are fortunate enough to have so much to blow. We gotta pay upwards of 350 an ounce over here however.

12. #32 Dualified, Dec 19, 2011
    Yes I agree and I never ever take the quality of my bud for granted. I am very fortunate to get medical-quality living where I do (Central U.P. Michigan) that is comparable to the bud I've had when I lived in California and I always take the time to thank my dealer for his time and effort for allowing me him to sell to me. And as far as paying someone for my herb, that should be a given. Fronting buds just spells bad news.

Just one question; do you wish for the people that purchase herb from you to enjoy it the same way as you?

13. #33 FateToker, Dec 19, 2011
    Edited because it came off as rude. Basically..stop worrying about others and live your own damn life you snob.

14. I dont wish for them to do the same things or anything like that no, but I feel like they could get more out of the smoking experience than they do. You just have a different appreciation for the plant when the money involved gets cut out of the picture, and you realize how much more it has to give. And I love it when people who pay for it realize the same thing. Quality matters, and when you don't smoke poor quality weed you realize many many more things about the smoke that you never would have if you only smoke commercial weed.

But thats not for me to say, whether or not people could get more out of it than they already do.

I am not even currently smoking weed at the moment for the above poster's info, I am on a very very long t-break until my next harvest, unless I can find a local organic grower around here which is pretty damn impossible since all we get is the imported beaster junk from cali.

and thirdly, I'm not trying to bash people, I am just trying to be the one to say something so that everybody can hear it and consider. I'm not saying you have to change if you like to smoke and play video games or if you like to do chores first and then get high afterwards and relax. Do what you want, I'm just offering my own opinion on things, and if it sounds good to you, then take my advice. If it doesn't, keep on doing your thing man, like I said before, I'm not going to be sitting in your basement or house and bash you all day long for what you're doing. I'm a random voice on the internet suggesting a hint of advice to those willing to hear it. Some of you may not need to hear it, I apologize for offending you so dearly.

15. With your attitude towards me regarding this post, I don't think its possible for you to post without coming off as rude, very obviously implicated by your insult at the end of the comment.:wave:

16. found a hot girl for you bro

Coacoa treat for Santa

17. [quote name='"NorCalPiff"']

found a hot girl for you bro

Coacoa treat for Santa[/quote]

Haha you're obsessed now that you found out about women seeking men on there lol

18. the immaturity of your post simply proves my first point.

how did you even conceive the idea in your head to make that joke?

What I mean is, what does it even relate to in this particular topic? Usually a joke is funny because it appertains to something that someone said somewhere recently, but yours is just random and completely surprising in the respect that it has nothing to do with what anybody is talking about, and is completely pointless.

19. you nailed me on the head fool! thats me!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFbgRmkzU08]SchoolBoy Q feat. AB-Soul - Druggys Wit Hoes - YouTube[/ame]