Stoners who lift weights crew!

Discussion in 'General' started by emdyeks, May 3, 2007.

1. Just because we are stoners, doesn't mean we can't be big and buff stoners. :D I toke everyday multiple times a day, but that doesn't keep me from jogging 3-4 times a week, and lifting weights 3 times a week. Plus, i now smoke before each running session and it is actually much more enjoyable and i don't hate it as much :hello: :cool:

2. Thats awesome man! I smoke multiple times a day too but I hate running, instead I play squash. Its good for agility as well as cardio, but like you I lift 3 times a week. Too me nothing is more satisfying than smoking a bowl after an intense workout. Just knowing you did something good for yourself in combination with the THC and endorphins is really kick ass :)

3. yea well im lazy and boring so i just like to jog, easiest form of cardio for me to do but definately the most dreadful. :( Lifting on the other hand is awesome though, the feeling i get while lifting is actually very comparable to a weed high, and that's probably why i love it so much. :D Plus i don't use weed to escape into some false world and give me false happiness, i am actually a very very happy person, but i use it to make me even happier and appreciate the things i have. And i find that i can enjoy the high better knowing i am physically in shape and doing good things for my body, rather than sitting on the couch and eating a box of donuts.

4. Smoke many times a day for years and years.

Jog/Run Outside/Treadmill i try every day of the week but shit gets hella boring after a couple months.

Then hit the weights every other day or every three days.

I do my thang.

Drank like 3-4 40's and thatll be like shit atleast 700 calories. Smoke dank and eat some food. Then do that shit everyday. Works for me.

5. that's pretty much where i am at. I try to keep a good diet too, but the smoking every now and then is too much and i have to just go and order a tasty pizza. :D But i try to keep lifting and running as much as possible though. BUt i don't go too nuts on the diet part, id rather it take a year longer to get the results im looking for and be able to eat what i want still, then go nuts on my diet and have a horrible 6 months of doing that.

6. yeah I look at my body like a machine to act out the wills of my consciousness. hahaha gotta keep it tuned. that reminds me of a quote from Waterboy.

"He happens to be a finely tuned athletic machine. And I ain't gonna have him hit in the head by some idiot waterboy!"

7. i actually gotta go to the store now and buy a Sobe bottle so we can make a new waterfall after someone dropped the old one, but because im on a diet i can't even drink the actual Sobe juice. :eek:

8. well for me, the motivation is 100% for girls. And while that may sound stupid and shallow, it's kept me motivated to lift for the last 5 years, and that must mean something. :D Feeling healthy all the time is a plus too, i noticed when i am on a diet and running and lifting a lot, i just feel better overall, then when im eating pizza everyday and doing little to not physical activity.

9. I agree 100%

Exercise is like a beneficial addiction and is probably the best way to relieve stress. it also helps me during tolerance breaks, I replace the time I use to use smoking with lifting and running, It's a great way to stay occupied and helps out your lungs and such. Sometimes I lift just about as much as I light up, I try to work out my abs daily and lift a lil around 5 times a week. And because of my fast ass metabolism I don't gain weight a lot so smoking deff helps me bulk up to tone later.

10. Haha, I'm getting really into bodybuilding and weed helps greatly imo. Been lifting for about 2-3 years. I just started a 16 day bulgarian training and diet and weed has helped me alot. 3 hours of hardcore lifting a day for first 6 days and all you can eat is meat and veggies. The next 10 days are bursts, two 45 minute workouts a day and you can eat as much as you want- but I'm only loading up meats, veggies, cheeses, fruits, almonds, and whole grain carbs as well as oats. Weed helps me sleep better which in turn gives you better gains, helps me relax and relaxes my muscles, allows me to eat a shit load which of course is essential to gaining muscle mass, and every now and then I'll toke right before the gym and will have a great workout where I will really concetrate and hit the muscle hard. Weed and bodybuilding go together like weed and mountain biking. To me at least.

11. Before i moved out of my dorm in november, i was lifting for 2 months straight. 5 days a week, protein shakes, cardio etc. I cant get to the gym now, but shools almost out so i hope to join a local gym in the next 3 weeks. God i can't wait, i feel so lazy.

12. I do some stuff, random ass question, do you guys know any good work outs for like your back?

13. ^ deadlifts for building muscle, but you have to do it correctly or you'll risk hurting your back.
    Keeping flexible is a must for my back so I do this yoga type strech where I lay down on my stomach and keep my legs on the ground while I push slowly up with both hands until my back feels the strech. I think it's called "cobra"... feels really good once your done

but don't make the mistake of streching (long+static) before/during workouts.. do it after instead.

I also just started lifting about a month ago and recently my routine consists of playing basketball with some friends at the gym and then working out. It's almost too much of a warm up, though.

14. okay, now I'm a girl and I have a rotator cuff injury, so I don't really wanna run the risk of injury, plus I really can't bench anything but the bar :eek:

I have strong legs, not arms LOL, but yea yoga rocks I do that on occasion

15. jollyroger I know how you feel Im on my 2nd rc tear and its a bitch ,try starting out with the smaller dumbbells to strengthen up your rc and just work your way up with a good spotter not just some smoe you know the one that walk with there arms out. and do a surch for rc exercises you must do these!

16. My metabolism is pretty speedy, so working out MERELY to maintain weight and shape is fairly simple. I've been doing more intense workouts and taking protein(Shakes and bars) of late.

I usually do sit ups every day (My least favorite exercise) in repetitions of 50-60, play around with ten pound weights in each hand at a very fast pace (punching with them and curling quickly), then as many push-ups as I can muster.

I can pretty much have that workout done in about 5-10 minutes and it keeps me well in shape.

I usually eat pretty well, but the prospect of pizza when people are over usually makes me forget about that completely.

:D

17. Mine has been so messed up for so long, I gave up on PT, I was in that for years. I can actually hear the cartiladge grinding if I move my arm too fast, it sucks :(

But I'll try that for sure gracias!

18. deadlifts are the best. :D They make me feel like an animal when i do them, simply because you use so much weight during a deadlift, wayyy more than anything else (i can deadlift probably over 100lbs over what I can bench.

19. Do some barbell rows/ Lat pulldowns. That builds your back nicely. Obviously as a female you won't be doing major weight on the rows, but it is still a solid work out. Form is everything, but less deadly than the deadlifts when it comes to injury. I use bodybuilding dot com for just about all my excercise research.

As for the whole ordeal, I am slowly but surely working on my routine... but on the finer note ive dropped some weight and put it on in muscle! Hooray for the gun show. I do some sort of workout everyday, whether its the 25lbs dumbells i keep under my desk at work, curl bar push up situp at home, or actually haul my ass to the gym. Diet really is everything though! High protein ftw.:hello:

20. been lifting weights and tokin up since i was an early teen...not at the same time tho!....dropped off on the lifting the last couple years,i gotta get back into it,i feel so much better with 3 or so workouts a week......

man,we used to go over to a friends house after school and lift then catch a good buzz,good times...never was a "jock" more of a head/nerd...never played the sports,when school was over we got the hell out!....after junior year or so,me and several stoner friends were gettin pretty big and the jocks left us alone haha...

kinda sucks tho,so many skinny little stoners buy into that stereotype..if youre big youre a "dumb jock" or..hey man you look like a cop,jock,dork whatever..yeah whatever,man i weighed 195 of solid muscle by the end of senior year,my metabolism was so fast,i could smoke/drink most folks under the table wake up the next morning and go for a nice jog then bake..ahhh

its an awesome body buzz,work or go to school during the day,go to the gym,clear yer head with a good workout and hit up that bong...you can literally feel the thc hitting your bloodstream...thats it,im gettin my fatass back to the gym soon!

haha,last year i was at the gym,got finished and headed for the car,but the gym lady was following me out to clear up some questions about the new contract i signed..i didnt know,im leaning over in my front seat hitting a bowl,i sit up,car windows open and let out this huge cloud of smoke and shes standing there with my contract info...she had me so busted but just acted like nothing,shes an old hippy i think...

hey Jolly,if yer rotator cuff is shot try an exercise for the lower back called "good mornings"...just put the bar on your shoulders and bend forward at the waist with your knees locked...use just the bar to start..its tricky but helps lower back...the lat pulldown machine as another poster mentioned...or if your gym has a seated "row cable" machine..these are good...