stoners theory for bigger buds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by unknown999, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Hi all, i was smoking amnesia haze last night, and well...i had a philosophical brain wave type thing. So here's the dealio - oh and the joint was lush btw ;)
    So i'm growing too, blueberry auto and double berry in closet. But i thought, veg state = growth spurt...flower = smaller growth with flowers.
    Cycle is usually veg then flower right?
    What if you start veg, then flower to bring the plant into flower state and switch back to veg for a week when buds grow to maybe maximise the size? I mean i know it might stress the plant a bit but maybe even reintroduce the veg bulb for a little bit.
    Just a thought. I'm sure some ppl have a veg bulb in their grow sometimes but had to make a thread about it how the added veg bulb could increase bud size which in turn increases thc too.
    Thanks all
    Happy smokin.

2. More veg, more yield. I'm not sure about autos though. Either way switching back to veg once flowering will stress the plant big time. More stress, less yield. And yes, dual spectrum lighting is something plants love .

3. All you would be doing is revegging the plant, stressing it. The result might be a higher yield, but at what cost?

You're better off just vegging longer initially.

3 week veg, 1 week flower 2 week veg, 8 week flower... OR...

6 week veg, 8 week flower, same result in the same time with less risk.

4. after flowering has set in, it can take a month or more to revert back to veg. all the while your buds are trying to stop growing crystals, and kill off all budding because its cycle says grow leaves and branches... can your dog swim better if you drown him?? he may learn... or he may drown. that said, throw that mut in the pool and tie a key to a kite... its just weed man. just be prepared to lose it if nothing good happens.

5. Reverting back to veg and then later back to flower will only add a big expensive delay to your grow, might even reduce yield/potency.

6. [quote name='"toastybiz"']Reverting back to veg and then later back to flower will only add a big expensive delay to your grow, might even reduce yield/potency.[/quote]

Yep. I did. 2 clones this way and they've been stunted for a month. I just transplanted and hoping for the best . They're lst'd as well

7. lol, Damn Pot Dreams get the best of us.

8. Re-vegging after a harvest is a great way to save genetics, but it yields less than the first round.