Stoners in Heaven

Discussion in 'General' started by imprettygood, Nov 23, 2011.

1. obviously smoking has its benefits when it comes to spirituality... i have become more faithful and understanding of the world and what it brings, after i started smoking weed... i've always been loyal to my faith but never fully grasped my feelings toward the person i am. however, because of my sober straight-edged past and the type of person i used to be (anti-drug and an arrogant person), i've come to realize that weed actually makes people better human beings.

i feel that regular churchy people (hardcore religious), are more messed in the head than stoners. they are SO straight-edged and think they are perfect, but they are not. nobody knows how to relax, take a breath, and actually FEEL THE WORLD like we do. i believe in God, i believe in nature, i believe there are more advanced civilizations in this universe, i believe in a lot of things. i believe in the Buddha. i believe in human beings that have had an ACTUAL IMPACT on society like Martin Luther King Jr.

is anybody with me here? do people who smoke weed have an actual advantage over others when it comes to spirituality? i have experienced so much more in life because of marijuana and i can't imagine the person i would be like if i didn't try it that one time...

2. I guess it would be nice to give my heart to a God But which one, which one do I choose?
    All the churches filled with losers, psycho or confused
    I just want to hold the divine in mine And forget, all of the beauty's wasted

3. that's exactly where i'm headed with this. obviously not all people believe in a God, and for the last few years i've been questioning whether i really do or not. and i still don't fully know because nobody knows. we don't know anything, all we can do is believe in what others have said.

4. I'm 100% with you man, that's exactly how I feel, exactly.
    Except, I'm heading towards being an atheist, I don't want to like go against you for being religious but,
    I recently was forced to go to church with my rents this past Sunday, and the whole time, it was just such a load of bullshit. I'm sorry, but this is what really ticked me off, the pasture says, "God says that the christian man should give at least 10% of his income to the church, blah blah blah and some other stuff"
    That's ridiculous, if I make $70,000 a year, I have to give $7,000 to church a year?
    It's a small church maybe 200-300 people.
    If they all average $40k a year, that'd be somewhere around 1.2 million dollars. And it most certainly doesn't cost that much to annually run a church.
    I could go on and on, but I respect how you feel about religion and I don't want to ruin it for you.

5. yeah i'm definitely not promoting going to church here. i never go to church, maybe once a year to make my mom happy. i have an inner faith that branches to all sorts of different things. i like to add to my beliefs here and there too. for example, the last couple years i've been studying the Buddha and his offerings and i find it extremely helpful with living a happy life. there's no better feeling than to get incredibly stoned to where you eyes are so blood shot you can't open them...and then you can just sit there and think of the world, what's real, where we're going, what happens when you die, what it's like to die, what it was like before you were born, where would you be without weed, etc...

6. Yeah, I saw the comment about you not knowing whether to believe in god or not after I posted haha.

But go here: The Zeitgeist Film Series Gateway | Zeitgeist: The Movie, Zeitgeist: Addendum, Zeitgeist Moving Forward

Go to the 2007 film and watch it online, it's about 2 hours, but it completely changes your life. I try to not to spread it around, because most people believe in god even if they know nothing about religion, and I would hate to be the guy to break it to them, but you cannot argue with factual evidence like that.
    I still have yet to watch the other 2 films, I really need to.

7. thanks! just got more weed...and now more advice...and now more to think about!

8. Oh damn, get stoned and watch that shit.
    I watched it completely sober and it was so revealing and eye opening.

9. I guess I have a hard time understanding why people stick with the beliefs they were taught as they mature and discover their nature that conflicts with what they were taught. I guess it shows just how impressionable children are, and how much influence one can have on another.

I feel sorry for those who get conflicted on things like that. Stoners, LGBT people, and all the others whose nature is taboo. I see organized religion as a scheme to influence and control those who come after you. I know fundamentally, that's not what they're supposed to be about. But it is what they're about.

Anyway, I'm an atheist so I know that once we die, everything we have stored as information in our heads vanishes. That's what logically happens. It's such an obvious human desire to believe that we don't really go away fully when we die. Heaven is such a fantastical place. If it's possible, why isn't reality like that? And hell, lol. What an obvious tool used for persuasion. I honestly see it all as quite ridiculous.

And then there's all the disagreement people have on what will grant you admission to heaven and what will send you to hell. Hmm. Well, since some of them must be wrong, it's not a stretch to conclude that they're all wrong.

10. Becoming an atheist was the first real revolution I had from weed. Maybe one-two weeks after I started smoking weed I was like "Hmm ya God isn't real hmm...hmmm..hmmm"

Haven't looked back since so yeah I kind of see where you're coming from.

11. I can relate to it causing me to think more about spirituality. That's not to say it made me more spiritual- it just made me investigate the soul and theology more in general because, initially, of the 'woah man that's deep' factor, but eventually as general philosophical stimulation that highs give me. I fluctuated from a hardcore atheist, to a moderate agnostic, to a spiritual deist and back to agnosticism in the first two years of my smoking. Whether the fact that I was also coming of age (15-17) influenced that or not idk. All I know is I've definitely become more spiritual since starting smoking, but correlation =/= causation.

12. made me think of [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kExHaBkEYi8]Tupac - Thugz Mansion - YouTube[/ame]

13. All life comes from pre-existing life. Unless you have observed otherwise then why would you believe otherwise?

The God of Creation did NOT create a religion. He is calling anyone who will listen out of religion.

Religious people somehow think that sin comes in a bottle or a baggie. They won't hear and they won't see.

And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding? Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Mat 15:16-20

The religious people go to church every Sun-day and celebrate every Christ-mas but they never read the word of God and when they do they refuse to hear it. Little do they realize that they are following the god of lies. :(

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:
    Fear God, and keep his commandments:
    for this is the whole duty of man.

Ecc 12:13

Knowledge has been increased. If you study diligently and you are willing to believe you can find and read the original words of God.

He has already sent an angel to you. Did you listen?

Blue Letter Bible - Home Page

14. it's really comforting to see all your posts, all different, yet so similar. i got the south park episode on my mind where the mormons were right! haha...
    we think about heaven and hell all the time when we're little because we don't know any better. then you get older, and think, yeah ok i'm a good person but i can do some sinning and be ok. then getting older, drugs come into effect, my mind opens up, i relate to past experiences, and then all of a sudden i'm questioning God and what our purpose in life is.
    it's almost a joke too, all these sober people who think they are on the right path. because they have never smoked weed or had to struggle a little bit in life, they see themselves as above you. some people might disagree but personally i find it true. the regular church-goers related to me are smug and ignorant, not accepting and forgiving.
    i smoke weed everyday, work a shitty job, dropped out of college for financial reasons, and multiple other things that people might look down on me for. after all i've been through, i feel like i'm closer to finding our purpose here on earth than any of the hardcore religious people on this earth. everyone has tunnel vision.

15. I'm not going to bother to really reply to this post, but it doesn't really make much sense at all.