Stoner To Straightedge?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ReaLm1537, May 14, 2009.

1. I gotta homie of mine that i met in HS thru football. He was known for being a bigtime stoner/alcoholic. I mean like everyday after practice he would hit the bong/ have a session. We were good homies for sometime but once he left HS (He was older than me) he changed.
    So he goes from an everday toker to a cig smoker + alcoholic choker. (sorry im in the rhyming mood:cool:) And today he hit me up thru myspace. this is the convo that we had it started off us talking about the fights i have scheduled this friday

Me-- "Nah for real...but its boxing matches. not street fights! haha"
    Him-"is there beer?"
    Me--"***** how old do i look? nah there isnt gonna be, i dont drink"
    Him--"12 but thats not the point, but u smoke which is twice as bad"
    Me--"hahaha. u fuckin DICK! hell nah i blaze it, which is healthier than smoking (cigs) or drinking"

(What he said next pissed me off a lil bit)
    Him-- "haha. do your research bby boy 1 joint=3cigs. 1 blunt=12 cigs
    your medical shti is so chemicly enhanced that its no longer natural so when your smoking that bomb ass medical kush remmeber its loaded with other shit to make it more potent"
    Me--" haha, WAT THE FUCK happened to you? impressive but thats a false fact
    Cigs are 80% toxins, shit that NOBODY in their right mind should be puttin into their body"
    (Yeah I went there BITCH!)

Him--" dunno it got expensive. there is no scientific research to prove me other wise
    only proof u have is some chubby stoner who watches scooby doo all day and beleives its more cleaner than air itself.
    maybe so but the amount of budd someone smokes a day surpasses that of an average or casual cigarette smoker"

I was like :eek::confused: reading his replies,
    Im not asking to help convert him back to his old ways, but rather
    GC help me shed some light against his propaganda filled mind.:smoking:

2. ok that dude is a dipshit. those statements have all been broken over and over again. and the last, fuck that is one of the biggest myths ever.

going from stoner to straightedge happens though (rehab lol) but seriously a buddy of mine is trying the straightedge thing for a bit now, he figures hes been burning bud, drinking, and doing other drugs for all of the past ten years so why not try being completely sober for awhile? its probably not a way hell stay for life, but its just what hes doing now.

but the dude you talking about is a fuckass. dude needs to get his facts straight, not just his life

3. so hes straight edge now? :rolleyes:

why sweat it? let people go man.

4. Who cares dude.. Let him think what he wants, it's not worth your time getting angry over it, trying to prove him wrong, then failing to do so and getting even more pissed off.

5. I've named this "Highschool Visual Impression Phenomena", or HVIP
    It occurs when one thinks for some reason that doing drugs makes them cool
    Once they are no longer any highschoolers around to impress they may drop said habits

6. *exits myspace window*

Oh my god, that was so easy!

7. If he only did it to be fit in, why would he go home every night and toke up while no one was watching?

8. Where I live straightedge kids are the biggest fucking assholes ever. But they all get their asses beat at concerts so whatever.