Stoner superstitions?

Discussion in 'General' started by GBCMayne, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Im sure many have heard of the white lighter bad luck, I don't believe in it, But whatever... What other superstitions, urbanlegends, or myths surround the stoner culture. Please share if you know any.

2. I have heard white and red lighters are bad luck, i'm not one for conspiracy theories tho

3. Dont break the Cypher :D

4. Someone at my school gave someone a white lighter then later they got in a fight and he told the kid with the lighter "I hope you get in an accident" kid with the lighter ended up hitting a telephone pole that night reaching for his phone

5. :eek: what color was the phone!?

not really a superstition but every noise you hear when your outside smoking is either a cop or some nosy neighbor calling the cops

6. that people who believe in the lighter myth are lame to smoke with... HAHAHAHAHA jk guys just messin....fuck what were some of the "myths" of high school.... passing it to the right gets everyone less high..... uh.... using a cracked pipe is bad luck.... just stupid shit that obviously isnt true hahaha we didnt really do much of the lighter color shit....

7. Think about it for a sec, the white lighter superstition really is retarded.

8. I've also heard about the white lighter superstition. I know someone who one day got a white lighter and the next day he got pulled over for speeding... who knows?

9. i believe in the white lighter because i know 4 people that got busted with one so i just belive it
    i have heard black lighters are good luck

10. its bad luck to be superstitious

11. It isnt, really. Its not even superstition. Cops are trained to look for signs of drug use. Some stoners use the lighter to pack the bowl, leaving residue on the lighter. So what color would bring out the residue the most? White.

12. But the bottom of every lighter is white. Plus stoners who believe this think that there is some magnetic force that a white lighter possesses which will draw cops to you if you're smoking. Back in high school I used to smoke all over town with a white lighter, before I even heard of the superstition, never even came close to getting caught.

In my humble opinion, the white lighter thing is the same as believing walking under ladders and breaking a mirror brings back luck.

13. Smoking near cops is bad luck

14. ^ win
    i never heard of the white lighter thing, and now that we know about it, it IS gonna be badluck
    i use a red and black lighter:D

15. I religiously buy red lighters and have never been caught in my 20 years of smoking so I don't believe it

16. im not superstitious really but everytime i used a white lighter something bad happens.

i used a white lighter once, and got caught by my mom. recently i used a white lighter and literally 1 minute after we were done smokng we almost got in a FUCKED up accident. almost got T-boned ona blind corner by a car doing about 60. missed us by about 4 inches. it was a full car no doubt in my mind atleast one of my boys woulda died

17. So GC, every superstition revolves around lighters????

Since smoking Marijuana I have become a sold believer in karma, although my recent drinking kinda fucks it all.

Not so much superstition but i do see every one of my actions as having an opposite re-action, I tend to recite the consequences in my head before doing anything. Like trash on the ground, how to be polite, etc. I guess i just try to govern myself by such strict rules - some that i tend to disobey WAAAAYYYY to often (thanks booze!) - that i spend alot of time analyzing things. I do have a hell of a time doing such things however, no body can be gandhi with a mix of jesus, a rastafarian, and snow junkie without your not so subtle faults it would seem.

So ya, my superstition is not abiding by the things i believe in. Sounds dumb but i've had a hell of a time trying to get myself on track

18. I think the weed/stem headaches are a fucking placebo.

19. Your friend wasn't pulled over because he used a white lighter; he was pulled over because he was fucking speeding.

20. You know after you roll, there's leftover weed bits?

Never throw that away... No matter how little amount there is...

Brush it into a bag... or something... but don't throw any of it away.

If you throw away weed, the weed will leave you.