Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stoner Superstitions

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by NGP, Aug 9, 2013.

1. I'm sure some of you have superstitions when smoking.  For example, I've always heard that using a white lighter was considered "bad luck". So I try to never use one if I don't have to...

What are some of your stoner superstitions?

2. I've got none, I've got common sense lulz

3. I don't personally have any, and I've only ever heard about the white lighter one.

4. Where I live yellow lighters are "bad luck." I buy them on purpose so they don't get stolen.

5. We have the white lighter thing here too, I bought one the other day so it wouldn't get stolen and what do you know it's gone within 2 hours..

6. #6 ISnuff, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2013
    Bah humbug!  There's no such thing as luck and superstitions are all a bunch of bull created by some high/drunk fuck at some point in the past. I was born on Friday the 13th, I should know if there's anything to the shit or not.

7. Ive heard the white lighter but will use one if thats all thats around to use.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #8 bluntmanIVXX, Aug 9, 2013
    dont fuck up rotation or you will release the devil.

9. #9 garrison68, Aug 9, 2013
    The origin of the white lighter superstition is that Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain all had a white bic lighter in their pocket when they died. This was not possible, because the bic lighter was not on the market until 1973, by which time Joplin, Hendrix and Morrison were already dead. As for Cobain, I don't know if he had one.

10. Smoke at 4:21 and all your bud turns into tobacco 

11. It's a fact on my friend group that if any piece goes unnamed for too long, it wiwill break

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Just keep that white lighter far away from me. 

13. Luck isn't real and neither are superstitions.

Sent from my Samsung GS4 SCH-I545

14. White lighters are suppose to be badluck but I don't know, I've never gotten a white lighter.. But I'm still superstitious about it so I'm not going to buy one anytime soon although I have smoked with one.

15. @BP to the DP That may be true, but that still will not stop me from shunning white lighters.

16. i always use white lighters i guess you can say i like to live dangerously

17. The whole white lighter suerstition is based off of truth. Back in the 1970s when pot smoking started to get really big in the US, lighters came in 2 colors, ALL black and ALL white. So when stoners would check their bowls with the bottom of a lighter it would show up on the end of the lighter. No back then before we had all the privacy?evidence laws in place that would be enough to get arrested. Soooo stoners would not use white lighters in fear of being busted.

I guess it stuck, but there isnt too much to believe in especially since most lighters now a days are white with a cover over them to look like a color, so basically we are all smoking with white liters. haha

18. I'v only heard about the lighter one myself..

19. Yeah I don't think stoners are all that superstitious when it comes to weed. Though you would think we would have a few good ones.

20. One every hit that's one less than a multiple of 9, I switch my spoon to my other hand and whisper a prayer to Moses, Jesus's cool uncle.