Stoner Sound Track

Discussion in 'General' started by Switch, Aug 16, 2002.

1. My Idea:
    To create the BEST compilation of stoner tracks...
    Right it's for people who like me- aren't really into reggae- just want some good shit to just sit and listen to. Here's what I've come up with so far:

Pixies - Where is my Mind
    Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze
    Bob Dylan - Everybody Must Get Stoned
    Doors - The End
    Jimi Hendrix - Castles Made Of Sand
    Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back - 08 - Doobie Snacks
    Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride.mp3

Get it for yourselves, get stoned and tell me what you think. Oh and reccomendations for tracks would be cool.

2. Good listing. I would definitely make sure The End shows up on there, it is one of my faaavvvoorritte songs to listen to when stoned.

Right now, I'm all about Tenacious D though (on a binge), so I'd have to put one of their songs on there, like "Jesus' Ranch" or something, just for the dorky humor aspect.
    xo~

3. aaaaaaaaaaaw you know what...Im making a cd for the beach right...exactly this kind of music..switch you gave me an awesome start (heh, im actually motivated now to do it, i was just so lazy not to start it!! thnx man!) im thinking maybe a janis song..and im going towards led too..
    anyone else have anything to say?

4. Janis Joplin is a fav of mine to listen to stoned. And Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd and for some reason, I have always loved Simple Man by Lynard Syknard.

5. george clinton- underground angel
    beastie boys- i don't know
    bob marley- smoke two joints

all nice songs to listen to on drugs, and they even kinda fit the feel of your compilation
    for a little variety, you could always throw in some killer hip hop.. dilated peoples- weed vs beer and maybe some cypress hill.. spark another owl or hits from the bong, or both :)

*smoke smoke

6. damn i wish i had a cd burner but my computer is way to slow to DL music anyways so i guess its better off that i don't have one. I need someone near me to burn me some cds, i really need some new tunes to listen to. You can only listen to so much ozzy before you go nuts.

7. yer i've got some janis. any other ideas? I don't wanna just fill it up with the doors and hendrix- but the urge is soooo strong....

OH MAN- Subterranian Homesick Alien- Radiohead

8. white rabbit by jefferson airplane is a good stoner tune.

*(brainfart)* it's been a while - staind

9. Maaan! You HAVE TO have some reggae on there!

Madness, by Prince Buster

Sun is Shining, by Bob Marley

Badfish, by Sublime

There's my input.

10. listen to rob zombe som time will your stond or if any one dose acid liten to him than it is some prity cool shit i yousel listen to olds thow when im stond i like to relaxe and chillout when im stond

11. disintegration by converge. it's a cure cover but let me tell you it's so trippy. it's also a work of art.

12. I love The Cure :D

13. three kilos by the prodigy...

14. Hey switch what about "the pusher" by steppenwolf?....what a tune from Easy rider.....seemingly Jack Nickolson Hopper and Fonda were actually stoned during the film.....Hopper said that they were so stoned that they just let the cameras roll and that was the final cut......Peace out....Sid

15. thanx sid- i think i'll get that

16. I would listen to dave matthews with tim reynolds it has some awesome guitar stuff on it.

17. I'm listenin to The Gourds - Gin and Juice another good dorky humor stoner song!!