stoner religions

Discussion in 'General' started by jrutt66, Dec 28, 2008.

1. All right i was just reading a thread about a guy wh0o mariied his meth dealer and i it git me thinking. What religion are a majority of stoners. Like ive noticed there are a lot of atheist or deist stoners, So gc answer my question what religion are you.

2. what does some guy marrying his meth dealer have to do with religions?

3. It's a meth thing, YOU woudn't understand...

4. i worship MOTHER EARTH... she produced the allmighty pot-plant,,,,,

so she's my goddess:cool:

5. That thread was also about the guy's wife being religious.

I am a hardcore atheist myself. I was raised christian, but it never had effect on me i guess.

6. I'm an atheist, but I don't consider it to be a religion.

7. wiccan man here

i venherate mother earth...

8. well my dad is a Buddhist but i don't really agree with their philosophy but at least i can respect it unlike some others things

i guess im an agnostic

9. "When I prey, I prey to myself. And if I'm lucky... I answer myself."- Garth Mirenghi

I don't get how you can be a "hardcore" atheist- I mean it doesn't really require a whole lot of devotion and commitment... unless you're one of these people who tries to shove their views down other people's throats in a Richard Dawkins type fashion. But then these people are no better than the religious zealots who roam the world going door to door and annoying people with endless babbling about salvation.

10. Rastafarian!

If I could somehow become a follower of Rastafarianism, I would.

Either than that, I am a... er, agnostic, I guess. I believe there might be a higher power, but I don't know if I'm willing to accept the fact that that power could be "Jesus" - a man in a white robe with sweet hippy facial hair etc. By higher power, I mean a floating entity that shoots lightening! Or a great cloud of extremely flammable, magical gas. I just can't see it being a person.

lolwut did I just say?

11. Another Wiccan here.
    :]

12. not really organized in my mind on that, i appreciate nature and follow its laws.

13. i worship sex.

14. I guess I could call myself a mix of many religions. I've been raised Catholic, and while I agree with some of the Christian stuff like loving your neighbor, and treating everyone how you would like to be treated, I Just don't agree with the intense focus on tradition and observing the ways of the past. That and the idea that God seems to be far away somewhere looking down on us, I don't agree with that either.

I believe that if there is a God it is more like an energy such as the Tao in Taoism. Just something that permeates the universe and sort of holds it together. I also believe in reincarnation and all that jazz. I could go on and on explaining but I feel it would be better suited for the Religion and Spirituality forums.

15. i lied
    i dont have a religion
    i believe that everything in life is an illusion controlled by each living being
    my definition of "god" is a high being that controls the universe so i believe that fate is god. since everything is controlled by fate.
    i believe when we died we live forever in a dream caused by the releasing of DMTin the brain.
    no lies..

16. shaivas believe that smoking weed brings them closer to their god shiva. one day out of the year its ok for them to smoke in public (in india). i read in smithsonian that some sufi muslims smoke hash during times of worship.

17. http://leftofzen.com/quotes-atheism/2008/01/14/

"Religion easily has the best bullshit story of all time. Think about it. Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money." - George Carlin

18. i worship along these lines.
    mother nature is my goddess.
    even if she's a bitch sometimes, i still love her. :)

19. Both my parents are atheists and they raised my sister and me in the same fashion. I really like the ideas presented in Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism, but not enough to follow them.