Stoner parents?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by jpope, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Does anyone or did anyone have stoner parents when they growing up?
    I have a dad who used to be a stoner. He found a bong of mine about two months ago and said to just be careful. He took it easy on me because he said that he used to do the same things and everything. The funniest thing was when he ended the lecture with "Are we clear?" and held out the bong. I didn't know what to do so I just took it and was like "Yes..."
    My mom doesn't know I smoke weed, though, and my dad was cool enough not to tell her. She would absolutely freak.
    Anyone have stoner parents and any stories to share?

2. my dad was head of investigations for customs excise in england, a sect of the police that cracked down on major drug deals and interventions. So sadly, he couldn't be further from the point of being a stoner. My mum however, blurted out that she used to hit the bong a couple times back in college so she's more leniant. have a good one buddy :)

3. My dad use to smoke his share back in the 70s and my mom just tolerates it.

4. Yup, my parents were both big old stoners - my late fathers' nickname was "leather lungs". My mom will still take a toke every now and then, but she says that today's MJ is way more powerful and she was a lightweight in the first place.

In fact, all of the members of my immediate family smoked pot at one point or another, both my parents and my two Uncles. I grew up around stoners, and never once thought it was unusual or wrong. When I started smoking after I got into college I never hid it from my Mom I told her right off the bat, and she knows I'm a medical patient. My wife is a patient too, so we have no problems now either. I'll bring up my daughter to feel that MJ is a medicine that while it can be abused, is a wonderful part of nature that should have no stigma attached.

5. From as far back as i could remember my parents smoked. I remember growing up in the city, being around 4 or 5 and my parents passing a bowl back and forth. As time went on my dad did is less and less, and eventually stopped for job purposes, while my mom to this day is still a stoner. I remember my mom to this day telling me at an early age that she didnt care if i smoked weed, but to never smoke cigarettes, and thats exactly what happened.

My fav part of them smoking back then compared to me now, is times when we had our doorbell rang at night and shit, and then hiding the weed and shit bugging out. LOL. My dad had to answer to door to a cop once, i went with him, and all the cop asked is if we heard anything during some break in to a neighbor house to other night. My dad high as shit, all paraniod. Good Times.

6. My mom used to smoke and whatnot and doesn't really like it. My dad is huge jam-band/blue grass music type of dude that goes to music festivals and gets torched. I was pinchin my dads sacks since I was 15

7. Both my parents smoked back in the day and still smoke on occasion. They don't talk to me about it though, they'd rather I not smoke for some reason. Hypocrites.

8. my mom smoked while pregnant with me, and while i was growing up lol. im perfectly normal and have a job and family now. but growing up i used to sneak into the basement and steal from her stash. she used to use this old school brass spoon lol.

9. Both my parents smoked their fair share whiie growing up but when they found out I do they both flipped out... makes very little sense

10. It's interesting, the hypocracy isn't it?

I'll give an example: My Uncle and Aunt adopted a daughter 16 years ago when she was newborn. She's been smoking pot now for a few months, and when they found out they went ape-shit. THEN when they realized that I was a MMJ patient they forbid her from coming over to my house to visit because they thought she MIGHT get into my stash. The thing is that I would NEVER share with a 16 year old because they aren't ready for it, but I wouldn't come down on her for trying it either. She's a good kid but has a chemical imbalance that drives her parents nuts. Anyway, it caused a huge argument between me and my Uncle, and I used words like "Hypocrite" and "asshole" to him because of his attitude, when he did pretty much every drug on the face of the earth in the 60's and 70's. So it's OK for him to do it, but not his daughter. That's just hypocracy and it sucks.

And it's one of the features of the Baby Boomers that I cannot stand.

11. My dad was in college in the 70's he used to blaze and trip shrooms and 'cid all the time. He is now pretty much a fuckin' hypocrite and doesn't want me blazin'. He knows I still do and knows he can't really do shit about it so he doesn't really say anything.

My mom has blazed before and she liked it but she says smoking makes her cough up a lung. She doesn't give a fuck about me smoking though. In fact, if she happens to be out she'll pick me up a bottle of anything and a pack of dutches as a gift.

12. It's funny, because my parents have smoked all of my life...And I used to look down on them for it. Now, when I go to their house for the weekend, my dad will have fresh greens waiting on me and my mom smokes with me at least once (a 160 from the how freaking strict they were when I was growing up). I've got the fucking BESTEST parents! Well, not bestest, cause my pops won't smoke with me. I can smoke in the house, as long as he doesn't see me (he usually knocks before walking in and doesn't mind me playing with my stash while he's in the room). LoL. I guess I am Daddy's little girl...

13. My Mom kept busting me for smoking back in the day. But my Dad and I would smoke together a lot and she didn't realize it. So I called her out on smoking then grounding me!

Long story short, after starting college I was able to have a very enjoyable and healthy smoking relationship with my parents. : D

14. I have the chillest fuckin parents ever. My mom used to always catch me smoking and she usually just made fun of me for eating everything in the kitchen.I always knew my dad was a big stoner, and he always threatened to kick my ass if I started smoking. We both had a few beers at a family party one night and ended up smoking out the porch. We have never gotten along better, in 19 years of my life, than in the last two years.

Another funny story with my mom... Last winter she asked to take my Blazer to work because the roads were bad, I said alright. About 30 mins later she pulls back into the driveway and came into the house. She said the car smelled like pot so bad she was scared to drive it to work.( They will do random parking lot searches where she works)
    Ahhhh....Blazin in the Blazer w/my homies FTW!

15. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I almost fuckin pissed myself when I read this.

16. My dad used to smoke and deal when I was a baby. He has since becoming a Christian, and considers smoking a sin, and bitches me out about it on almost a daily basis. I try and shrug it off though. My mom is fine with my smoking, although, she doesn't, but my stepdad kicked me out for smoking, not because he has a problem with it, but he is into heroin, and doesn't want cops at the house over stupid shit like pot I guess is his reasoning. He's a fucking hypocrite...

17. LOLOLOL *pinches his own sack*

18. "Yeah man i have stoner parents. lol baked writing this right now ahaa. anyways. my dad found my vaporizer the other day and turns out he used to smoke weed. and then after collage he started following the grateful dead around and selling tee shirts to stoners. he did lsd too. so he a typical hippy. and my mom smoked weed too. so my dad said no drugs and cars and only on weekends, explained lsd to me and sent me on my way. hes not gonna tell my mom. and im soooooo baked."

words of a friend of mine, christopher ------, didnt want his last name placed i assume. anyway, yeah.:wave:

19. i smoke with my dad from time to time. He has a town house and he lets me smoke there whenever i want. He thinks that if im in there im more likley to not get caught witch is very true and he lets my friends smoke over there too and he'll try to take hits every once in a while. :smoking:

20. My dad definately used to, and I found some super schwagg in his cuppboard one time. I think it was becaue a couple of his old friends were here. I will DEFINATELY be a stoner parents.