Stoner Parents

Discussion in 'General' started by Kellee, Sep 21, 2012.

1. I'm wondering do you hide it from your kids? Or are you open about it? How about those of you who have kids that are grown up; did your kids know or were they in the dark?

2. I know aa lot of parents that are open with their kids. We are in a non-mmj state but they teach them that it is medicine. I know a few that also keep it a very deep secret. As far as I understand, school and when they're sleeping are the times to toke.

3. My parents hid it from me for a long time but they must have not done very well, when I was younger I used to call it their "special tobacco." now me and my mom talk about regularly and my dad still pretends i don't know. Me and my mom don't smoke together though.

4. I never talk about it around my kids and never let them see it. So when I light it up and they see me smoking they just think I'm smoking a cigarette.

5. I'm a second generation stoner...my parents were very open around me growing up, but then again it was the 70's. As a parent myself we got Legal before my daughter was born, so while we're discrete (sometimes not enough) she knows that MMJ is our MEDICINE, that it's not for children, and that it's something that we do NOT discuss outside of the house.

She's only 6 so it hasn't come up quite yet. But as she gets older we'll talk about the dangers and the positives and I'll tell her the same thing my dad told me:

That I'd prefer she waited until she was mature enough to try it and that when she does want to try it that she come to her mother or me first