Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stoner Parents/ Stoner Children?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by antisocial-smoker, Jul 22, 2013.

1. yea. it is for narcolepsy (people who can't fall asleep), and they give it to a child who can't sit still. no more medication after that.

he's playing the game right now and brings me the controller, "please help, sir" :love:

2. Yes they are because they know first hand about drugs by experience. They can answer yes to Jimi Hendrix's question. They know more than any dare or just say no program or red ribbon week. They should have hippies teaching today's kids about drugs. The good, the bad and the ugly. I'd much more believe Tommy Chong than anyone else if he showed up at a school for red ribbon week. And he would add some comedy in his speech and then get real at the end.

3. Both of my parents know and don't really care. I talked to them about it and since I get good grades they were like "okay, keep up what you're doing then." 

4. I love doing midnight or later smoke walks! They're so relaxing  :smoke:

5. oh yah i've always assumed my parents know. every now and again my mom pops questions at me like that, i still deny it to her face though every time. 

6. wish mine were like that. my dad's an ignorant pot-biggot (who is also a drunk) and my mom is and ignorant christian. i also learned that i can't trust them to support me or my decisions and that they would probably turn me in or something, so i hide it from them. 

7. #47 Big_Daddy`, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013
    My mom doesn't care at all that I smoke, she'll rip the bong occasionally  :bongin: ..basically any time I smoke (daily night time smoker) I'll offer her a bowl out of one of my bongs.. we've always had a really great relationship, never hid it from her or anything, she's always been really cool and laid back about that kind of stuff. When I started smoking I was 18, still living at home with her at 20 while working full time, and getting ready for college locally. She's a light weight though, 1 snap bowl with a little oil on top and she's out lol.. she'll usually watch TV, cook/bake something and/or just chill before she goes to bed.

8. I thought my parents would be angry that i smoked pot with my sister they didn't seam to be anti weed but they never before admitted they had smoked but they where fine with it and told me about stories about when they had gotten high when they where younger and whilst we where kids my dad stopped a while ago because of a on the spot drug test so he doesn't smoke anymore unless hes on holiday and he knows it will clear his system but my mum sometimes smokes several times when i have been smoking in the living room with my sister my mum has smoked a bit of it problem she has is that she sometimes gets side effects from it like headaches or stomach pains she didn't used to get it when she was younger but i dunno maybe its a allergic reaction to specific chemicals in certain strains because she doesn't always have side effects.

9. #49 Jamesy C, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2013
    Dont have kids but I wouldnt want my kids smoking before being 18 (maybe the odd occasion before that), because I would expect them to be busy studying and doing important shit. Its all about responsability and being a responsable smoker. That'll be drummed into them.

My parents always knew I smoked weed a few times when I was young and didn't really give a shit, but my dad would pretend to challenge it. They were interested in medicinal cannabis for a while but didn't enjoy the high so never bothered again with it.

10. I hid it for like 3 years while i was in school, although my mum knew I still tried to hide it and I think she tried to deny the fact I smoked.

My dad didn't know until recently, I hid it more from him cos he works in legal services and I thought he'd go mad, turned out one day that me and him were talking about pot and he told me that he wouldn't be too bothered as long as I was still getting into work on time and passing college etc. I gave it a few weeks and told him so it looked like I'd only just started. A few weeks later we shared a splff but he wasn't the biggest fan, said it worked for his back pain but messed with his vertigo so wasn't worth the pain supressing effects. I imagine he could end up a smoker when he reaches 70.

11. My parents never really had an issue with me using as such. When I was a kid (like under 12) they would give me the script about drugs being bad, but as I got older they were more moderate and told me to use common sense. I first tried weed around 13, but only passing joints around, I never started buying any until I was 17. I was still living with my mum at the point and she knew I used weed, but accepted it. She was however extremely anti-smoking (smoking anything, even tobacco) and would have been really pissed off if she'd caught me smoking, but had no problem with me coming in high after smoking elsewhere.

As a parent, I have mixed feelings. My wife and I smoke away from our daughter (usually when she isn't in the house) and try not to let her know anything about it. When she's older we'll talk about drugs, and then when she's maybe 16 we'll tell her we smoke and offer her the chance. I do sometimes wonder if it's hyopcritical that we drink alcohol in front of her and offer her a small sip, but aside from the legality issue there isn't enough research on what effects weed have on children so I think it's safer that way.

That's the plan anyway. If one day she recognises the smell of weed from us or finds our bong we won't bullshit her, but I'd rather that didn't happen. Similarly, if we found she started smoking at 13 or something it would be a difficult situation. On the one hand, I smoked a wee bit at that age and it didn't fuck me up, but I do know people that turned into major weedheads and fucked up their education and got into trouble with the police, so I think we'd need to find some balance.

One thing that stops me being more open now is that she's not my wife's daughter, so legally only I'm her parent. She doesn't see her biological mother much, but we don't get along so if my ex knew we smoked weed she could use this to try and take her away. Unlikely, but I don't want to take the chance.

12. I smoke all the time with my mom!

13. Weed brought me and my dad fighter got us closer

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Fighter I don't know were that came from hha

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I wish. My dad found 2 seeds in my laundry and told me he would kick my ass if he ever caught me smoking. Kinda backwards because weed never made me wanna kick anyones ass

16. people like you, need to go somewhere else and live there forever... and not ever be aloud out.

17. Why is this?

18. Just had a talk about my mom about this the other day, were he'll tight even though I didn't know her til I was 18, and we've always smoked together, I'm 22 now and It's hella cool, we go to dispensaries together and pick out new strains to try, its a trip to stand out on your front porch with a torch and knives taking knifers with your mom.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. isn't that the opposite of narcolepsy? 

I'd say sorry to hear about your son, but I'm raising a nephew who is "special" and it's the greatest thing to happen in my life, next to the birth of my son of course i suppose lol. It's a different sort of joy that they bring into your life.

20. What idiot doctor would prescribe a child aderall. That shit is addicting as hell. My friend almost died from overdosing with it.