Stoner parent

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Conductor Purple Train, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Hello, I live in Oregon in the US.

My whole life, weed has been something I've known about at least a little. I smoked a little in college in the 90s. Now that I'm in my 40s it's legal to smoke recreationally. I discovered that I really like getting a little stoned in the evenings at times (not every day) to unwind a bit and relax.

I have two teenagers. They must know I get stoned at least a few times per week but I keep it all away from them of course.

I'd been getting prerolls but I just bought a loose amount (legally) so I am going to get a grinder and a pipe and try that.

I'll probably be around asking kinda basic questions. Please bear with me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. And I'm not going to lie. Part of the reason I smoke out is to deal with the usual mid-life stuff - stress from being a single dad, stress about aging parents, and to unwind a bit from work.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome to Grasscity :) your in the right place to get your questions answered :) i only smoke through bongs and buckets, quicker and longer effects

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome!
    im gunna be that ONE to say Blunts. Yea its tobacco leaves and all the rumors that supposedly come with it. BUT a blunts' effect will last longer due to that extra "buzz" tobacco gives you.
    I'm a stay at home mom of two. I roll one up in the morning and take a few hits throughout the day.
    no fumbling with pipes and awkward holding (im a lefty and i hold everything pretty awkward), no feeling like your kids think your smoking crack if they saw you. Mine thinks it a cig cause they only see the smoke if they look out the window.
    Dont get me wrong...i love pipes and bongs and i have a collection, but for daily toking if the kids are up...Im smoking on a blunt.
    good luckkkk!!!

• Like Like x 3
  5. So i caught my dad smoking, and ive always wanted to smoke with him. And im a stoner and was since i was a teen. I grow my own now if that tells you anything. Im a person who loves his vape concentrates. Theyre harder hitting and cleaner highs. If you got a portable vape for 200 bucks you can vape your bud and then make edibles after with the avb. Best part. No major weed smell.

If you want to be stoned out of your mind. Gravity bongs

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gravity bongs all the way [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  7. Thanks for the welcome posts.

I had been smoking prerolls because they are easy to hide if my kind of narc-ish kids come outside around back.

It was a revelation to me that lots of parents get high. I can raise two teens by myself and be a homeowner and have a good job and get completely nice two to four times per week no problem.

I accidentally stoned texted the wrong person recently. It was a coworker I texted. She said no prob and then started telling me the strains she likes to smoke.

There are way more "responsible adult" stoners out there than my mother's freak outs about weed would have ever indicated. (I put that in quotes because while I was growing up my mom was always pushing this "responsible adult" versus layabout stoner dichotomy. Even now she'd probably freak out if she were to learn I smoke out.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. My buddy and I are huge stoners, since I had my tumors removed ive smoked a quarter a day on average and we own a performance and restoration shop clearing 6 figures every 6 months if that tells you something.

Weed will not make a person lazy. The person must choose to be lazy.

Youre always in control of what you do. not the weed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. congrats on the tumors being gone!!!!! :ladiegaga:

• Like Like x 2
  10. The battle isnt over yet, recovery is long but thank you! Its great to not have seizures anymore

• Like Like x 3
  11. So I was a little concerned that weed would exacerbate my epilepsy. I have partial seizures sometimes, wherein I often either hear voices that I know are not there or smell things like burning rubber.

Smoking weed now I usually hallucinate a smell of pot smoke instead, which is way better than burning rubber imo.

12. woah, i smell burning rubber at the weirdest times. and i KNOW theres none of that going on. I ask anyone around me if they smell it and they say no. Are you conscience while this is happening?!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hey man, where about in OR are you? I am in the S end.
    If you want to keep it semi secrete find a different way to smoke. Joints make you reek and there is no hiding the smell to people that don't smoke. I would use a bong or a vape so your not in a cloud the whole time. You can also try the edibles and see how those do. They can relax you for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Since smoking weed my seizures have been under complete control.

• Like Like x 1
  15. My absence seizures (they used to call them petit mal) have been gone for over four decades now (thanks aggressive early treatment!) but the partial seizures persist.

Weed I would say makes them less frequent (lower stress and stress is a big trigger) and when they do happen they're less unpleasant:

16. I wish there was more info out there on cannabis and things like epilepsy.

Someone asked above where I live. I'm in the Portland area. We're in a Golden Age of Cannabis right now.

17. Because I know I have absence seizures I know that's what it is when it happens. I'm fully conscious. I'm actually far more likely to have them while not high. Being high heads off the stress build up which is the primary trigger for partial seizures for me.

Your mileage may vary. I am certainly not a neurologist so I can only speak to my own experiences.

• Like Like x 1
  18. So I'll be out in the forums asking probably some pretty basic, stupid questions.

Those of you in states or countries that haven't legalized... it's awesome. I love getting stoned without worrying about getting in legal trouble.

19. Picked up a glass pipe and a grinder yesterday. I prefer this way of smoking to prerolls. I like having the full selection of weed at the shop to choose from, and I just like the whole process of smoking a pipe, too. It seems I can taste the weed without any hint of paper, too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. @Conductor Purple Train - you seen like a well adjusted adult seeking to enjoy a little legal cannabis in the evening occasionally just as one would enjoy a nice cocktail. The stereotypes for the recreational user are slowly melting away and marijuana consumption is definitely becoming mainstream. It takes a little getting used to.
    We here in Nevada have recently become a rec state also.
    I find the changes welcome. I never thought I'd see this happening in my lifetime.

• Like Like x 1