stoner music

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by DeadHeadFred, Oct 14, 2002.

1. I like to mix it up.
    Pink Floyd, a classic of course, Tool... sweet, G. Love & Special Sauce haha, yeah, Slightly Stoopid, Mute Math, Incubus, Tom Petty, Bob Marley, Matisyahu, it's all good to me. I'm currently listening to Citizen Cope though...I would recommend all these to anybody. :D

2. Explosions in the Sky, is mind blowing.

3. flashing lights, kanye

4. Now that I smoke I really don't consider the music I listen to as "stoner music" but 7-8 years ago when I was still in elementary school I guess what I listened would fit more under "stoner music" Music like 311, Sublime, Smashing Pumpkins, Bone Thugs, Kid Rock (not so much), Prodigy and others that my stoner brother introduced me too.

5. agreed, if you like them, you should check out godspeed you! black emperor (if you haven't already)

6. I'll do you all the favour of introducing Jethro Tull...

7. I used to love them :( Not been able to listen to them since I broke up with my last girl, too many memories..

As for stoner music:

How about.. reggae!? Bob Marley, Black Uruhu, Eek-A-Mouse, Steel Pulse, Johnny Clarke, Scientist, Mad Professor,

Or more modern reggae influenced music:

Slightly Stoopid
    The Expendables
    Dispatch
    Sublime
    Guerilla Panda Dub Squad
    Jah Roots

And of course the classics:

Led Zeppelin
    Jimi Hendrix
    Jefferson Airplane
    The Doors
    The Grateful Dead
    ACDC
    SRV
    Rory Gallagher
    Neil Young
    Black Sabbath
    Buffalo Springfield
    Cream

I also love.. John Butler Trio, Gomez (!!), Tool, and Pearl Jam.

8. http://www.myspace.com/sewagefruit1 idks a band of a couple of my friends. I think its great to burn down to, we do it almost everyday lol. maybe its just me, but check it out for yourselfand tell me what u think if people like them they are thinking about getting a record deal.

~smoke weed everday~

9. at the moment ive been listening to a lot of trippier music.bands like animal collective and mr.bungle. the avalanches are fucking incredible. the song since i left you...it reminds me of happier times. puts me in a good mood. i also like dr. octagon<-funny but good shit right there

10. Well personally I am very dissapointed by the lack of reggae. My playlist is reggae and strictly reggae. Alpha Blondie, Bambu Station, Bargain Music, Barrington Levi, Bob Marley (of course), The Black Seeds, Bunny Wailer, Cas Haley, Clinton Fearon.... the list goes on forever. :smoking:

11. The Beatles, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, Cream, The Beach Boys (specifically Pet Sounds)Led Zeppelin, The Who or Jimi Hendrix if you want something classic.

The Mars Volta (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED), if you want something brain-melting.

Sigur Ros, if you want something transcendental.

Herbie Hancock, Miles Davis, or the Bad Plus, if you want something jazzy or funky.

Incubus (specifically the albums S.C.I.E.N.C.E. & Morning View), RX Bandits, Rage Against the Machine, Weezer (gotta love Pinkerton & the Blue Album), System of a Down,Coheed and Cambria or Circa Survive, if you want to rock the f*** out

The Flaming Lips, MGMT, Animal Collective, The Oliva Tremor Control, Of Montreal, if you want psychedelic-tinged experimental type music.

Death Cab for Cutie, Belle and Sebastian, Coldplay(screw the naysayers, they're good), Rogue Wave, Radiohead, Sean Lennon, if you want something somewhat soft and melodic.

Lemon Jelly, Boards of Canada, M83, if you want something electronica-ey

Black Mountain, Comets on Fire, Wolfmother, ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of the Dead, if you want something sludgy, real "stoner rock" sounding

Thats all I can think of guys, this consists of bands I normally listen to and always sound good; hopefully this helps.

12. If you want to truly be taken off of this planet, 2 bands will suffice:

SPHONGLE (I highly highly recommend the song DMT - Hallucinogen Remix, my personal favorite)

AIR - Alone in Chiodo

enjoy

13. im with him^ bone thugs puts out some good high songs

14. Your my new favorite person, (except coldplay part )

15. Yo... aint nobody reppin your psychopathic artists??? any love for blaze, icp, twiztid and that wicked shit

still, i gotta put in props for kottonmouth kings, afroman and ,of course, bob marley

16. air (french band)
    morcheeba
    zero 7
    hooverphonic
    massive attack
    portishead
    boards of canada

and...

mogwai
    pelican
    red sparowes
    russian circles
    stars of the lid
    the album leaf
    this will destroy you
    a silver mt. zion
    beirut
    eluvium
    explosions in the sky
    god is an astronaut
    godspeed you black emperor
    gregor samsa
    joy wants eternity

17. Earth, Black Flag, Om, Sleep, Dangur, Minor Threat, Ramones

18. wow... its crazy that i had to come a page and a half in to see sublime mentioned......

19. Hi All,
    I've been working on a Smoking mix for me and my smoking buddies for quite a while, i've thrown in all my smoking favourites that i've been sitting on for ages:D

it starts of with the question do you want to get high!???
    (i recommend sparking up a fat one at this point and listening with headphones for the full experience)

then i bring you on a journey through laid back hip hop smoking classsics through to funky skunky reggae smoking anthems and finally some buzzy rock n roll stoner tunes.... all sprinkled with stoner movie clips

I hope you enjoy, and i'd really appreciate some feedback

clink on the link below, (free download) wait 45 seconds

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5TVSBUPB

Flash wilson review
    The next download from de den productions is an exciting entertaining slighthy rude collection of exceptional, broad and downright green tracks that have been meticulously pieced together and re-eddited to produce one of the most originally eclectic mix albums de den has produced.Smithman goes from reggee to hip hop to soul all without you noticing keeping it entertaining fresh and organic.Its pure organskool its pure de den.Light up a fat one, keep it lit, light up another one and let smithman take you on the green albums journey thru goodtimes