Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stoner music

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by cheezitz91, Dec 17, 2016.

1. So I thought I would post one more thread. I'm stoned and I'm in a "chatty" mood to say the least. Just looking to see what everybody likes to listen to while baked. Maybe I'll get new music ideas. I love all types of music, but metal is my thing. A few of my favorite bands to listen
    To while stoned are-
    Epica
    Lacuna Coil
    Blood Stain Child
    Eths and
    Kells
    I also enjoy The Weeknd too. Feel free to share.

2. I'm picky with music, but I fall into the stoner music stereotype and listen to nothing but reggae and ska and rock and punk. some hip hop but not much. I especially enjoy a rock to a hard rock sound with ska and reggae infused. that's why these bands I list are my favs.
    Best bands:
    -sublime (OG sublime with brad!)
    -the b foundation (surf rock reggae type music)
    -livication lbc (same as above, with more ska influence, sounds more like sublime)
    -Reel Big Fish (ska rock punk)
    -Jah Roots (my first reggae band, these guys are more reggae rock. these guys are the REASON I SMOKE WEED! Lmao! they sing about the benefits and it made me wanna try it)
    -LAW (alternative, punk, ska undergroune, harder rock, lead singer is Jakob Nowell, Brad Nowell of sublime's son!)

Probably missing one or two, but these bands consist of 95% of what I listen to!

• Like Like x 2
  3. NB4 someone says, "Nahko & Medicine for the People" A lot of my hippy friends are really into Nahko Bear, but IMO this band is garbage with overly conscientious lyrics to the point of being pretentious and repetitive chords (My friend HAD to show me a song Nahko was playing that was 8-9 minutes long and used the exact same 4 chords in the exact same progression.

For me:

System of a Down
    Juicy J
    Dr. Dre
    YG
    2 Chainz
    Kayne West
    Wiz Khalifa
    Snoop Lion
    Trinidad Jame$
    Eminem
    Tool
    Nine Inch Nails
    Paramore

That's usually what ends up on my heaphones when I'm stoned.

4. If your in to Epica i recomend Delain as a similar thing.

For me I quite often gravitate back to the music of my teens when I started getting high and listening to music: Linkin park, bowling for soup, new found glory, cypress hill (I know its significantly older than the other lot but Black Sunday is one of the best rap albums ever made) prog rock like Rush also is good for the stoned chill.

5. Rebelution
    Tribal Seeds
    Stick Figure
    Slightly Stoopid
    Green Day
    Don Carlos
    Tool

And anything that would be considered roots reggae or Cali roots.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ha, I bet you'd hate Rebelution the song "So High" but that is a GOOD SONG! Can get old after a while but it's still good.... the reason I hate most mainstream bands is bc of their lack of use of instruments. they do exactly what you said and have no creativity with their rhythms. I like chord progressions and changes in guitar style and even style mid-song, I like vibrant and alive abd constantly changing music.

That's why The B Foundation and Livication are my 2 favorite southern cali reggae bands.

7. I've never heard it, I'd try out before outright dismissing it.

I do like Top 40's, but as a musician amd producer I enjoy it for exactly that, it's simplicity. It's repetitive but catchy, it uses very simple language, but is relatable to any listener.

Like Taylor Swift's "Shake it off" or Pharell Williams "Happy". IMO I can't really stand these songs, but they are quite the ear worm.

8. Taylor Swift is gradually growing on me. Happy I have heard too many times- I do sound for quite a lot of corporate events and that fucking song has been worked into pretty much every show as someones walk on music or an award sting or something, Iv heard happy and uptown funk literally every working day since they came out, its boarder line traumatic.

9. I must be getting old cause none of this is "stoner" music to me (except for the cat that mentioned Sublime and 311) I wont even bother posting what I consider stoner music...

10. I think you should - I'm with you old timer :)

For me, leonard cohen, grateful dead, the floyd, portois head, radiohead, perfume tree...and of course, Neil Young, would all do nicely...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. I think you should - I'm with you old timer :)

For me, leonard cohen, grateful dead, the floyd, portois head, radiohead, perfume tree...and of course, Neil Young, would all do nicely...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Stoner music:

Sublime
    Grateful Dead
    Cheech and Chong
    Keller Williams
    Leftover Salmon

I could go on and on these just popped into the head

13. Tame Impala - Currents is easily my favorite album to throw on when baked.

14. Stoner Money Makin Millions search it on YouTube good stoner vibes music