stoner books

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by thespacemonkey, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Man I'm bored and I need a good stoner book to read!

2. Supernatural by Graham Hancock

DMT the spirit molecule by Rick Strassman

The deep self (A fantastic voyage into the remotest recesses of the human mind) by john c. Lilly

Aside from that, any kind of science-fiction usually does the trick for me.

3. If you're into scifi or fantasy and you like stoner books, check out A Mage's Play. The main character practically relies on weed to survive in a magical city. 

4. Anything and everything by Hunter S. Thompson-- 'The Rum Diary', 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas', 'The Curse of Lono', 'Screwjack'.

All great drug-induced reads to toke up to.

5. The Doors of Perception - aldous huxley

6. #6 Headphones, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2013
    I stand by DMT, Doors of perception (all though short, still interesting, its about Mescaline) and the Hunter S. Thompsons.

I would also recommend.. The Arsene Lupin books by Maurice Leblanc, they're from the early 1900s but they are excellent. Written in the same style as Sherlock Holmes, but from the thief's point of view.

Also Paulo Coelho books like The Alchemist are always good.

1984, George Orwell.

The Time Machine, H.G. Wells.

There are plenty of good reads on Lucid Dreaming/Astral Projection.

I also enjoyed the two Elder Scrolls novels The Infernal City, and Lord of Souls.

edit: I'd also add Dune. Dune is like THE goto sci fi novel. 

Also Food of the Gods, Terence McKenna. McKenna had so many trippy ideas, whether or not they were factual or not (time wave zero) Made little difference to how brilliant they were.

7. its not a book but 

the furry freak brothers comics

8. Question the Elder Scroll Novels do you have to know about the happenings in the games and stuff to understand the books? Or can you pick it up like the Warcraft novels and still get a general idea of the back story. 

9. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

10. #10 Headphones, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2013
    You need to know very little about Elder Scrolls games' storylinr, but it does help to know a bit of elder scrolls lore and trivia. Like races, Aedra, Daedra. Stuff like that. But the books' story in particular does not have much to do with the game's story.

11. I also understand saying dune as THE go to sci fi novel is probably not true.

Books like Do androids dream of electric sheep and A scanner darkly, both by philip k. Dick, are super stoney.

And a Stranger in a strange land is an awesome book about a human child, raised by martians, and taken back to earth.