Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stoner Books.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Buddha2.0, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Fear and loathing in las vegas!!!!

Also, the art of war is amazing!

2. That book is AMAZING. That book, in all honesty, changed me. It gave me an angle to look at things I never thought of before. You do read the book in page order, unless you want to read 3 separate stories. But it's really a great read and I highly recommend reading it, especially if you are into pondering and getting lost in thought.

3. i thought i was the only one who could make it all the way thru burroughs........ive read naked lunch like 5 times....the single most disturbing book i have ever read!

anything by bently little is exelent!
    but my personal favorite would have to be peirs anthony
    well worth looking up

4. Definitely Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S Thompson, it gives an excellent realistic and hilariously disturbing account of the well known movie. Well worth the read.

Anything by Kurt Vonnegut is excellent, he's my favorite author currently. I recommend Slaughterhouse Five and Timequake, both hilariously demented and written expertly.

Finally, when I like to escape I read Lord of the Rings by Tolkien, which is really an epic tale if you're into that sort of read. Currently, I'm reading the Two Towers and Catch-22, each for a different high/mood.

5. ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

6. #26 foreverchina, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2010
    "THE CURIOUS WORLD OF DRUGS AND THEIR FRIENDS"
    A Very Trippy Miscellany

By Ingo Niermann and Adriano Sack

I recommend this book for anyone that is curious about different ways to roll joints, animals on LSD, quick cuisine, drug legends, famous people with drugs, etc. This book is pretty fckin awesome :smoking:

Amazon.com: The Curious World of Drugs and Their Friends: A Very Trippy Miscellany (9780452289918): Adriano Sack, Ingo Niermann: Books

7. Yes! I dig! The author really knows how to spin a tale of wonder. :hello:

8. On the Road, Jack Kerouac also check out Dharma bums by him

also, zen and the art of motorcycle maintenence by Robert M Pirsig

all great books to read high or not high, they will make you think

9. outstandinggg

10. Anything by Hunter S Thompson is good. I've read Fear and Loathing as well as The Rum Diary and they were both great reads. Currently reading Hell's Angels by him, a little harder to get through but still interesting nonetheless.

If your into anthropology/early human history, I just read Clan of the Cave Bear for a class and thought it was amazing. Very historically accurate too.

I used to be really into sci-fi/fantasy and read 5 of the Wheel of Time books by Robert Jordan. R.A Salvatore is also a great author in that genre.

Also, Bill Bryson is a great writer. I loved A Walk in the Woods, pretty funny account of his hike through the Appalachian Trail.

11. I like to read funny stuff with a bit of real life "sods law" kinda stuff, but then if I laugh too much I cant see to read. Terry Pratchett is my favourite. Quick link explaining his discworld series TerryPratchettBooks.com
    I was first introduced to it at a stoner friends, he had a friend visiting that was sitting on the sofa, reading, giggling to himself, he lent me his book and I was hooked!

12. Amazing read, I highly suggest every stoner gives this a read.

13. World War Z by Max Brooks. Doesnt matter if you love or hate zombies. THis is great book on the insight of the people who had survived their experiences. After i read this book i swear it felt like this could have really happened. Its DEFINITELY worth a read i highly recommend it.

14. Lord of the Rings and "There and back again" are my favs

15. this is a sweet read for when you're blazed

God's Debris by Adam Thomas by Scott Adams

it deals with religion and the world in a whole new light. it's really mind-blowing! small book too so it's a quick read, you can probs finish it in one sitting

they have it online actually so you should check it out
    http://nowscape.com/godsdebris.pdf

16. started reading the mentalist handbook by clint marsh. pretty crazy book :bongin:

17. Go Ask Alice
    Perks of Being a Wallflower

18. I know naked lunch was mentioned earlyer....just to give you an idea of how twisted burroughs is

"did i ever tell you about the man who taught his asshole to talk?"
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKk0eFiHYpg]YouTube - Naked Lunch: Talking Asshole (William Burroughs)[/ame]